Cultivated Reef

Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

2 hours ago, k4ndyk1ng said:

Tank is looking so good, what is the big green coral on the floor, is it just a monti cap?

Thanks! I think you're talking about the Oregon Mummy Eye Chalice? The one with the orange polyps? 

7 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I can see that. I can only imagine what it will lool like in 2 or 3 years from now 👍 !!!

Aye. There will be a move somewhere in there, hopefully will be OK!

3 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Looking good! I'm jealous of your ric garden...

Where did you get those yellow/ lime ones closest to the bottom?

Thanks! The ric garden took some time and determination to culture together. Before the Florida Ric ban, our club used to get them in dirt cheap. A staple in just about every tank was a ric rock! I wanted to bring that back again, however, they’re a little pricier than before *grumble grumble.* Those are splits from an OG out my way. 

Well, pictures sooner than later!

Picked up an SC Orange Passion, very excited about it. Also pictured, zoanthids and Red Dragon

45269244025_b53553cacf_b.jpg

45269244025_b53553cacf_b.jpg

Playboy Zoanthids starting to take over on the glass bottom:

46131102492_88a01e8e94_b.jpg

Walt Disney winning the war against the Setossa:

45269245425_1e73bea456_b.jpg

Forgot the name:

45269246365_6a0626db34_b.jpg

Fox Flame:

45269248635_33c81b1d98_b.jpg

Cool Millies:

45269247485_76af50f9ff_b.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
49 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Wowzers !!! Looking good. Is the Fox Flame really that pinkish ? 

It really is. If anything, it's a little washed out still in my tank. This is my 2nd attempt at growing FF, and it almost bleached when I first added it. It's getting blasted with light, but my theory is that for the most part, if they're healthy, the corals will adapt. 

Thats crazy,I've never seen one that pink. Its usually brown and greenish. I totally agree with you on that one. I can't wait to see what that OP looks like sokn,how long have you had it ? 

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thats crazy,I've never seen one that pink. Its usually brown and greenish. I totally agree with you on that one. I can't wait to see what that OP looks like sokn,how long have you had it ? 

I think you’re pulling brown from the red that it usually shows. If you google it, mine just looks like a watered down version.  Who knows if those are all photoshopped, haha. It’s been in my tank for about 2 months. I’m also invested in the OP!

44 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

You really pack those corals in there. Lol

My specialty! 

Hey, my old tank looks good!! I wish I could have set it up peninsula style, that's really what it looks best as. Kind of regretting selling that for the move. I kept all the equipment besides that. I did just pick up a Fluval Evo 13.5 for something small to have in my office so I'm getting back into it now. 

Keep up the good work. I'm definitely missing WAMAS; the Denver reef club scene is a little lacking compared. Hope you're doing well.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, thedon986 said:

Hey, my old tank looks good!! I wish I could have set it up peninsula style, that's really what it looks best as. Kind of regretting selling that for the move. I kept all the equipment besides that. I did just pick up a Fluval Evo 13.5 for something small to have in my office so I'm getting back into it now. 

Keep up the good work. I'm definitely missing WAMAS; the Denver reef club scene is a little lacking compared. Hope you're doing well.

Haha, hey man! I agree, peninsula is the way to go. I have just bought a 3'x2'x19" that I'm thinking about putting in it's place, so if you're ever back in the area, you can buy it back, lol. Office tanks are super fun, but can be testing thinking about things like temperatures on holidays/nights, top offs, holidays, etc. 

I appreciate it, I actually ended up buying a Grainfather (finally brewed on a friends after you mentioned how happy you were with it) and sold my old Blichmann off, saved me a ton of space, and I'm really happy with the AIO. Been pumping out some great IPA's, I imagine Denver has a bigger homebrew club than GRIST! Things are going well, glad you're jumping back into reefing, and hope everything is great as well! Cheers & Beers!

On 12/13/2018 at 11:00 AM, YHSublime said:

Haha, hey man! I agree, peninsula is the way to go. I have just bought a 3'x2'x19" that I'm thinking about putting in it's place, so if you're ever back in the area, you can buy it back, lol. Office tanks are super fun, but can be testing thinking about things like temperatures on holidays/nights, top offs, holidays, etc. 

I appreciate it, I actually ended up buying a Grainfather (finally brewed on a friends after you mentioned how happy you were with it) and sold my old Blichmann off, saved me a ton of space, and I'm really happy with the AIO. Been pumping out some great IPA's, I imagine Denver has a bigger homebrew club than GRIST! Things are going well, glad you're jumping back into reefing, and hope everything is great as well! Cheers & Beers!

Awesome! Enjoy that, still love mine. Yeah the beer scene is pretty good out here although I am missing some of the up and coming breweries back there. I come back to the BWI every now and then for work and the new Guinness brewery is insane. Pretty decent American style small batch stuff they are brewing there, too.

Soon here I'm going to try out a NEIPA with that Kviek yeast everyone is talking about. I'll let you know how it comes out.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:36 PM, thedon986 said:

Awesome! Enjoy that, still love mine. Yeah the beer scene is pretty good out here although I am missing some of the up and coming breweries back there. I come back to the BWI every now and then for work and the new Guinness brewery is insane. Pretty decent American style small batch stuff they are brewing there, too.

Soon here I'm going to try out a NEIPA with that Kviek yeast everyone is talking about. I'll let you know how it comes out.

And more coming, with Other Half on the way, Red Bear opening up in NOMA, etc. I have been to the Guinness Facility there before they opened up, it's really a compound! There is not a moment they aren't busy, from opening till close. Next time you're up that way, check out Heavy Seas! I've done a NEIPA with the Kviek, that's what we brewed on my friends Grainfather (and was the selling point for me in terms of space saving!) I'll see if I can find the recipe, but I've just done Session APA with Galaxy (does that mean the A stands for Australia instead?!) and an American Amber is fermenting, excited about both of them! 

Some updated shots!

44583597310_76a1e260ef_z.jpg

45488036035_6962791b95_z.jpg

44583598190_b356fbbc96_z.jpg

45488036975_d01f8c4180_z.jpg

44583599580_4fa5b432fb_z.jpg

45488039475_7cf20bd745_z.jpg

44583602170_9784a7118a_z.jpg

45488041915_b48cfa1195_z.jpg

44583603830_9edfb3b7af_z.jpg

45488043285_6eeeebe864_z.jpg

44583605130_3db79fdb22_z.jpg

44583605730_f453fab4fe_z.jpg

44583606270_454bd6e9e4_z.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

The mat of gsp looks great on the bb.  Your tank is maturing beautifully.

Thank you! The “lawn” requires a bit of work, but is nice movement! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Thank you! The “lawn” requires a bit of work, but is nice movement! 

Its true, keeping the lawn in the lawn is no doubt constant but the movement of peaceful swaying has to be worth it!

• Thanks 1
On 12/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, medinar83 said:

brooooo tank is sick AF, Its cool how you change it up often, keep it going 

Haha, thanks for checking it out! I try not to change things too much, but I'm a tough critic and not easily satisfied!