Innovative Marine Aquariums

Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

39753880201_fc684f689e_h.jpg

39753880421_2c3177d23d_h.jpg

39722216902_2b3869bdde_h.jpg

10 hours ago, reefrook said:

Following!  I have a mr. aqua 22L myself.

They are great tanks, I'm loving it so far! Thanks for following along!

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, StephLionfish said:

Wow, this is epic! Definitely following- I can't wait to see those corals fill in. Cute doggos, too :happy:

Thanks for tagging along, and the kind words! I'm looking forward to everything growing in as well. Slow and steady!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 2:47 PM, ThePaontedFrogfish said:

Pupper game strong

Thanks! Foster ended up a foster failure. My wolfpack grows. 

On 1/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, Nola Bear said:

Just picked up new reef hobbyist magazine at lfs and it features a mr Aqua 12. Great tanks!

They certainly are. This is the Mr. Aqua 22, which there is even LESS information on. I'm glad these tanks are getting the recognition I think they deserve :P

Tank is chugging along. I was away for business, so kind of let it just do it's thing. Of course it looked better when I got back. I'm getting a little lax on my water change schedule, and I'm still feeding heavy, so I want to get better at one of those. I also need to get the frag racks out of there and get those frags on the rocks or sand. 

39983135722_598d94b4c6_h.jpg

39305191844_4b87a72b80_h.jpg

I guess the addiction is taking hold. I setup a "frag" tank, which is actually bigger than my DT, at 30 gallons (IM30L) but the DT has the 36 sump, so probably wins. It is powered by LED's, and not T5's, but will be used for growing out zoanthids/extra space. Oh, and a giant carpet nem which is the brightest green I've ever seen, it's almost yellow. 

39983136432_258dd4fb2f_h.jpg

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

looking good!  this will be an awesome tank once things start to grow in

didn't realize you had RFAs in there.

Thanks, I'm hoping! I usually try to get bigger frags, or two heads of whatever I do so I can let it grow in a little quicker.

Trying to figure out what RFA is?!

Just now, YHSublime said:

Thanks, I'm hoping! I usually try to get bigger frags, or two heads of whatever I do so I can let it grow in a little quicker.

Trying to figure out what RFA is?!

Rock Flower Anemones? 

I have some really nice hybrids in there, probably about 4-5, of course they all settled in corners and out of sight. I'm going to work on moving them once I do my next water change. I'm hoping I can get them to spawn. 

haha wait you probably can't figure that out because they aren't rock flower anemones!

the third picture, bottom left, bright green.  i thought those were rock flower anemones, but now i'm realizing it's probably an elegance coral?? :lol:  sorry, browsing from my phone!

3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

haha wait you probably can't figure that out because they aren't rock flower anemones!

the third picture, bottom left, bright green.  i thought those were rock flower anemones, but now i'm realizing it's probably an elegance coral?? :lol:  sorry, browsing from my phone!

I worked it out, and I actually have both, so you're correct. There was a local club member who was sucesfully having the rock nems spawn all over his tank, and he broke everything down. I ended up getting 4, but I will see if that is enough to get them going. Odds are that there has to be at least one male and female in there, but who knows. The hybrid one is fantastic, here is a not great partial photo of it when I added it to the tank:

38743982165_a744c37fca_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Took most of the sand out. Added carpet nem. Pictures:

39634835914_0d0901faa1_h.jpg

39634837184_961025b559_h.jpg

39634838164_4547b02c5f_h.jpg

39634840114_b2ecf71fdb_h.jpg

39634840784_d86dfe493c_h.jpg

There is a good line up here. Moved some SPS: Setosa, Disney, Sunset Milli

39634841454_5d846ce6fb_h.jpg

39634843994_7a4217e743_h.jpg

I've found not one, but two tiny rock nems growing on this rock. I'm pretty sure they came from the PO, I have moved a lot around, chipped a lot of rock, but still cool! Means I have 6 rock nems now, at least that I know about!

39634844614_2efba8dd6d_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
3 hours ago, William said:

I love the carpet .... have always wanted to have a tank with one ...

Get one!

3 hours ago, vlangel said:

Your tank is beautiful.  I love the RFAs and the carpet!

Thank you very much! I currently have have 7 rock anemones, hope to see some more spawn in here!

2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

wow at the green carpet

It for sure is one of the brightest carpet anemones I’ve ever seen!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Shoob1e said:

This little tank is awesome man. Great idea for a tank makes me want a small tank again 

Thanks for checking it out! Always makes me want a large tank again, lol. Just kidding, it's the perfect size, less headaches! 

4 hours ago, k4ndyk1ng said:

This tank is looking so good, making me want one for uni....

I think that would be easy to do, but the mixing water part might get a bit rough. 

Love the tank! I set up a 22g Mr Aqua as a peninsula next to the couch too :) I made mine AIO though. Went back and forth on sump or not to sump... I move a lot and got sick of moving sumps tbh so AIO ended up winning for simplicity. 

5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Love the tank! I set up a 22g Mr Aqua as a peninsula next to the couch too :) I made mine AIO though. Went back and forth on sump or not to sump... I move a lot and got sick of moving sumps tbh so AIO ended up winning for simplicity. 

Thanks for checking it out! I started following your build back in October last year (PS, you need to update!)

Simplicity over real estate wasn't even an option in my book, if I'm going to go small, I want as much room as I can get in the tank!

• Like 1

I do need an update lol... my tank is the slowest build ever...... I just finally bought some more coral last week (I think it had been months since I got anything) and they are chilling on my frag rack. 

So the evolution of this carpet nem has kept me on my toes. It seems to like the back of the tank, but today it's on the glass bottom instead of the rock. I've removed the back rock structure, as to keep it from toppling over again, because that's what happened the first time. This 22 gallon space has been arranged several different ways in the past 5 or so months, it's getting to be a bit silly. Hopefully it'll nestle it's way into this area and be happy. I'd like to see my clowns hosting it.

38694223200_96886a136f_h.jpg

25634176877_432b3d6d95_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1