Pod Your Reef

Spec's Spec Sized Tank

spec33

• 2 weeks later...

Some quick picture updates...

Sorry for the bad photo quality. I tried to fix them on snapseed but it didn't help that much.

Next week I am going to start feeding reef-roids. I'm also going to target feed the duncans and the rose coral mysis shrimp.

The zoas on the right in the FTS are still unhappy from the move. 

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

• Like 5

Welp I seem to have found hydroids growing from my "beloved algae patch" 

sorry for the bad picture

Any Suggestions on how to get rid of them? I'm thinking about just taking the rock out and putting a lighter or something to them. Any other nonflammable ideas?

IMG_4358.JPG

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, spec33 said:

Welp I seem to have found hydroids growing from my "beloved algae patch" 

sorry for the bad picture

Any Suggestions on how to get rid of them? I'm thinking about just taking the rock out and putting a lighter or something to them. Any other nonflammable ideas?

IMG_4358.JPG

Could you hydrogen peroxide them and then put super glue gel over whatever is left?

17 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Could you hydrogen peroxide them and then put super glue gel over whatever is left?

Oooooo that sounds like a much better idea than mine. Ill try that when I change the water again. I'll also put the peroxide onto the algae hopefully itll help.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spec33 said:

Oooooo that sounds like a much better idea than mine. Ill try that when I change the water again. I'll also put the peroxide onto the algae hopefully itll help.

I read natalia's reef bowl and I know she uses hydrogen peroxide to deal with nuisance algae.  If I remember correctly she uses super glue for some pests and also to help keep some corals from invading other coral's space.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...