Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Natural Sun question

jcjrogers

Regarding the Natural Sun setting, I know it performs a natural ramp to Midday levels and then back down to night.  My question is, does it hold the Midday levels based on all of the time/ramp settings or does it reach the Midday peak and immediately start ramping down?  In other words, would it ramp up to Midday, hold Midday for say 3 hours if that is how my settings worked out, and then start ramping down at the end of the three hours; or would it ramp up to Midday and then the minute it hit Midday, start ramping back down?  The latter seems more natural, but it also seems like one would want to increase Midday levels as the Midday levels that might have been running for 2-3 hours would now only be running for a minute or maybe seconds.  Obviously the ramp is slow, but it would still reduce the overall intensity a good bit.  

39 minutes ago, evan127 said:

Sorry, I didn't realize initially what light you had.  I am not sure, sorry

I have a Nanobox Reef ATI retro, with LEDs and T5s.  The LEDs are controlled by the Bluefish app.

I personally like to have a peak rather than hours of the same spectrum. It’s more or an aesthetic thing for me. But it does give some variation of light to the corals and is much more natural. The sun doesn’t hang for hours in the same place ;)

1 hour ago, evan127 said:

I personally like to have a peak rather than hours of the same spectrum. It’s more or an aesthetic thing for me. But it does give some variation of light to the corals and is much more natural. The sun doesn’t hang for hours in the same place ;)

Very true, which is why I wondered about increasing the Midday peak levels, knowing the LEDs would be at the peak for a very short time.

• Recommended Discussions