Coral Vue Hydros

Nanobox Duo for standard 29G

kagt

Hi, I am in the planning stage for my reef tank. I was just wondering if a Nanobox duo is good enough for a 29g 30"x12"x18". My goal for the tank is to be able to support any corals I like including sps and not be limited by lighting and placement.

Thanks!

I am not sure if there would be enough par at the bottom of the tank. If I put the Nanobox 6 inch from the water then it would be 24 inch at the bottom.The par chart on the site says you get less than 100. Not sure if that is enough for corals. 

edit: words

17 minutes ago, jldesign said:

have 3 year old retro single in my 14 with storm controller - itll work!! if i got a 29-32 now i would probably go with stevesled now though

15761B62-F246-4807-A03A-CBCBC7D956C1.thumb.jpeg.8b31bc9a47b67e251f0c6a2f5229e8da.jpeg

Nice tank! but I am not getting a biocube, I am plaining the regular 29g aga tank nothing fancy =)

• Wow 1
On 10/27/2017 at 4:10 PM, kagt said:

Hi, I am in the planning stage for my reef tank. I was just wondering if a Nanobox duo is good enough for a 29g 30"x12"x18". My goal for the tank is to be able to support any corals I like including sps and not be limited by lighting and placement.

Thanks!

You can get away with the Duo but coral placement will be critical on the sides. 

Quad will be the ticket for this tank or placing two Minis evenly with the tank. 

30" tanks can be tricky to light with a single LED unit ( most are no longer than 12" ). 

-Dave