Cultivated Reef

Savas' Cat Jar Pico (broken...)

SavaS

So one of the corals I grabbed last night is a platygyra sp. Brain coral, anyone have experience with these? Seems they can be pretty finicky so I'm wondering if I should keep it or not, thoughts? 

So I managed to get a bit of work done on the tank stand between jobs, added some feet and tiled the top piece, then headed to a friend's house for beer and computer building. Making squares inside of circles sucks... 

20171027_150840.jpg

20171028_194646.jpg

• Like 3

That is a clean looking comp. Mine has not been worked on or upgraded for armt least 7 years. Thing still does the job tho (wife only plays the sims lol) 

EBay for corals.....that sounds dangerously amazing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I think it came out pretty good, it's for my buddy's daughter, basically a over powered word processor and Google box.

The company I ordered from has a direct buy website and their eBay auctions, they charge 5$ a week to hold the corals and I can add more up until the day I ask them to ship, I'm debating on having them hold off on shipping for a while, we'll see. 

• Like 1

So after finally getting to sit down this weekend and take a long hard look at the tank I've decided to take a break from it for a bit. I'm not entirely sold on the tank as a whole and with the new batch of corals due to arrive I'd rather start them in a tank that is prepared and able to be filtered, it will be a favia only tank with 13 different types. If/when I get back to the CC Pico I think I'm going to go as basic as possible, airstone and daylight with just one rock I can remove easily. Nothing impressive to say the least but it is what it is. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, SavaS said:

So after finally getting to sit down this weekend and take a long hard look at the tank I've decided to take a break from it for a bit. I'm not entirely sold on the tank as a whole and with the new batch of corals due to arrive I'd rather start them in a tank that is prepared and able to be filtered, it will be a favia only tank with 13 different types. If/when I get back to the CC Pico I think I'm going to go as basic as possible, airstone and daylight with just one rock I can remove easily. Nothing impressive to say the least but it is what it is. 

Sometimes plain and simple make the most beautiful tanks. I hope you get back in soon! Sometimes you just need to get re-inspired.  I'm sure when you get all those corals in you will get back into it :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my jar cracked and I'm out of the contest, so just wanted to say thank you to everyone who chimed in and followed along for the journey, albeit a short one. Next for me is my favia only Pico, hope some of you join me on this journey as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, SavaS said:

So my jar cracked and I'm out of the contest, so just wanted to say thank you to everyone who chimed in and followed along for the journey, albeit a short one. Next for me is my favia only Pico, hope some of you join me on this journey as well. 

Sad to hear this. Hope the favia Pico does well.

Was it the cat that broke the jar?

• Like 1

Lol no, it was entirely my fault. I was moving things around and set it on the floor for a moment and fate said 'enough, I cracketh thee with your clumsiness' and I basically knocked it into my toolbox and crack. I'm not sure but I think the cat laughed at me... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, SavaS said:

Now this, this I could have made into a awesome cc Pico... 

20171104_172802.jpg

It can still be a creative container pico even if its not in the contest.