Innovative Marine Aquariums

1 gal nano reef (new additions)

Tyler_Fishman

Tyler_Fishman

After about 4 months of trial and error and perfecting the setup,  everything in my 1 gal tank seems to have stableized, you can't be too sure about these setups although, one second you'll have a booming mini ecosystem the next you'll have a watery graveyard devoid of life, that's what I've been going through ever since late July. Some history on the tank: 

The tank was started when I recvied a one gal jewelry holder, it had 3 drawers, my 1st attempt at a nano reef in about March was uncessful and I closed the project after about 3 weeks into my initial cycle, at that time the tank had a tetra 1-3 gal filter on it and an air stone, in late July I recvied a small piece of Dry rock from the Dominican Republic after a family member came home from vacation, they thought it looked neat and gave it to me, I seeing as I had a nano tank lying around, I now did some more reaserch and decided it would be best if I put my 5-10 gal tetra fliter on the setup, and my cycle begun, I cycled my tank on raw talapia, and waited. After many blooms of various organisms, I only had a 5000k LED bulb on the setup at the time, which grew algae like mad my first attempt at adding coral and 2 snails failed the 1st time, but a couple of days ago, my algae started clearing up and I noticed my microfauna population is really booming, and so I purchased a trochus snail and another GSP frag, I also added blue LEDS and another filter that will act as a refugium and help to add more flow

Tyler_Fishman

20171023_164514.jpg

Excuse the mess and low water level (I was acclimating things at the time) Don't worry I'll have a better picture later if my tank feels like looking nice of course :)