Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CrazyEyes's little box of water (20g fusion upgrade)

CrazyEyes

None at all really lol they are perfect for nano's. I have a 200mah psu I really am thinking of seeing how it does with that,I'm using a 500mah psu right now. 

On 11/12/2017 at 12:19 AM, CrazyEyes said:

The irony is, I bought it thinking this will polish the water really well, I guess that was pretty counter productive. 

Well, it certainly made the water sparkle! :lol:

• Haha 1

I hear you on the microbubbles!  I just added a reef octopus ns80 skimmer last week and its terrible.  I have it mostly tuned out now but still get some.  It gets annoying very fast!

5 hours ago, R_Pierce said:

I hear you on the microbubbles!  I just added a reef octopus ns80 skimmer last week and its terrible.  I have it mostly tuned out now but still get some.  It gets annoying very fast!

My NS80 took 2 months for the microbubbles to go away,isn't that some crap ? 

40 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Stupid part is, I don't even have a skimmer. 

Yeah idk what you got going on buddy. Maybe the return pump is some how getting air in it,idk. Super strange. Are tou using the stock return pump ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up this really awesome plate coral today. Tank seems to be doing okay. I've been doing small water changes and added chemi pure blue, tank seems to be clearing up nicely.8BOBwTr.jpg

• Like 1

I've been tossing up the idea of setting up another tank for the gf, because she likes wrasses and I refuse to put sand in mine, and she loves zoas. It'll be a few months for sure but I might be interested then. 

• Like 1

Well that will be a nice size tank for some Wrasses lol. Let me know,I kinda need to get rid of the stuff like yesterday,but we will see. Bunch of high end stuff like Bowsers,Van Helsings ect ect. 

• Like 1

Welp, all the acros are dead. I should've known I couldn't keep the tank stable enough without an ato. The garf bonsai, strawberry shortcake, Aussie green acro and some purple millie are all bone white. 

• Sad 1

Im pretty convinced it was an alk swing, the tank evaporates almost the entire return pump chamber while I'm at work, so I imagine with the salinity dropping so quickly when I come home and fill it up the alk moves around alot too. 

I also blame the fact that I've been going to different stores and buying different saltwater, e.s.v, fritz, IO and red Sea, might do a 100% water change tomorrow and stick with one salt mix. The tank has also been pretty cloudy since I added chemipure pouches, I removed them and just went with straight carbon and filter floss. Still need to get rid of some of the glitter in the tank. 

I picked up 3 free kessil a360's that need new driver boards. The LEDs are still good so I might pickup some LDD's and run one over the tank. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised how shitty these things are built. There's quite of bit of corrosion inside the light, oh well. Did a 100% water change, blasted the rocks to get all the glitter off the rocks. Also glued the tubing for the return pump, so if the return pump ever fails, I'm shit out of luck lol. Withing the next few weeks I'll be replacing a few things, grabbing a intank basket, a cobalt heater, also getting a smart ato micro, probably also getting a jebao sw-2 and hopefully getting this kessil lit up and hung over the tank. 

• Wow 1
14 hours ago, CrazyEyes said:

I picked up 3 free kessil a360's that need new driver boards. The LEDs are still good so I might pickup some LDD's and run one over the tank. 

Badass