Top Shelf Aquatics

CrazyEyes's little box of water (20g fusion upgrade)

CrazyEyes

Figured I'd make a build thread, recently picked up a 10g fusion it's been running for almost 7 weeks, I think I'm going to go heavy on the chalices with this one and maybe some nice sps up top. 

Tank - 10g fusion nuvo.                   

Stand - Ikea kallax w/ 1/2" birch back panel for side to side support.                                             

Light - Lumini asta 20                     

Return - Tunze 1073.008.               

IM custom caddy with chemipure blue, filter floss and gac.                 

Heater - Eheim Jager 25w.             

Rock - 5-7lbs of BRS reef saver     

Lifestock.                                           

Orchid dottyback aka Dickhead.   

Sixline wrasse.                                 

4 throchus snails.                             

Duncan frag.                                     

Purple/green frogspawn frag.       

Unknown chalice frag. 

Here's where we're at now.

received_10155809960851532.jpg                                received_10155809960901532.jpg

• Like 2

The orchid dottyback decided to murder the sixline wrasse, so it got removed and taken back to the LFS, I actually picked up another sixline wrasse though. I also picked up another chalice frag, I think I'm going to go heavy on the chalices with this tank with some select sps pieces up top. Still need to get an ato bad. Im going to take some more pics tomorrow. 

Looking great glad to see you started a build thread. Thats a shame the sixline and dotty back didn't get along. Sometimes its hard with two aggressive fish. Chalices are one of my favorite corals, looking forward on seeing this progress

Nice, I love me some LPS. Do you know the name of the chalice? 

I can get good photos by taking them with the "Aquarium camera" app then doing a slight edit with the 'Camera+" app. They are both paid apps but well worth it. With the asta20 lights I take pics with the lights on max.

I'm not sure of the names, I was getting water and I figured why not spend $70 instead of the $2 I originally planned. I also picked up a nice piece of red star polyps, it's literally gsp but red, stoked for that to take off.

• Like 1

Today was kind of hectic day but I was able to do a water change/suck all the snail shit off the bottom, change the filter sock material, blow off the rocks and clean the glass. A friend of mine also gave me a frag of strawberry shortcake to see how it does. Everything else in the tank seems to be doing really well, the chalices all look good. The sixline wrasse is no longer shy and now eats mysis out of my hands. 

• Like 2

Tested the water today and was quite pleased, tank seems to be doing really well so far salinity- 1.026, nitrates 1-2ppm, calcium- 420ppm, mag 1410, alk- 10.5dkh. picked up some sort of green Australian acro, I love bright chalices and other corals but when it comes to sps I don't really care for the crazy colors too much.  IMG_20171107_214223.jpg

• Like 2

It's doing pretty well, I blew the rocks off earlier today and it had its sweepers out grabbing stuff, so that's a good sign. The strawberry shortcake seems it might coloring up a tad, starting to show some PE, so again, I think we're heading in the right direction. It's as far up as I can put it on the rocks. I picked up a piece of rainbow montipora tonight so I'll add that in a few hours. I'm pretty annoyed with myself though, a few weeks ago I bought felt with glitter by accident, doesn't seem to be messing with anything but the little specs in the tank are annoying me. 

• Haha 1

I use it in the caddy as a filtering media, I figured hey, filter socks are felt and at $5/yard I could make alot of little rectangles lol, what I didn't know is, they make glitter felt, well now I do. I've since purchased some actual aquarium filter media which is 50 microns so hopefully it'll clear it up soon. 

Ayeeee,tanks good super nice man. That little light looks like it's doing pretty good. I'm interested to see how the lumini does for the acro in the next month are two. 

Thanks man, got a micro bubble issue right now, and I'm not sure how because there is no skimmer on the tank, only thing I can think of is the little return tube, the elbow is exposed so it might be pulling in a little bit of air, I've taped it up to see if that stops it. Other than that the tank seems to be doing great. I bought a couple chalices and one seriously appears to be growing bigger. I told the gf I wanted an ato and powerhead for Christmas so that'll be nice. I bought some filter floss tonight and crammed the media box with it so we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

What power head are you thinking about getting?  I want to upgrade mine but don't wanna spend too much on one for the frag tank. I know Jabao make some that are cheap but heard they can kick out a lot of flow

1 hour ago, CrazyEyes said:

I'm thinking about the jebao sw-2, it's small, about the size of a golf ball and does between 130-660gph, and only $65 shipped. 

Sweet thanks, ill probably give that one a try as well

2 hours ago, CrazyEyes said:

I'm thinking about the jebao sw-2, it's small, about the size of a golf ball and does between 130-660gph, and only $65 shipped. 

I have one of these on the way for my IM10.  Im interested to see how it does.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, R_Pierce said:

I have one of these on the way for my IM10.  Im interested to see how it does.

Awesome, defiantly let us know your thoughts when it comes in!

• Like 1

The only thing I heard was that the flow pattern is much narrower than the rw4,but I mean really what can you expect ? Definitely not bad for such a cheap pump,I mean you can get 4 for the price of a mp10 lol. I love my rw4 and it moved a good amount of water in my 2g sps tank. 

• Like 1