Cultivated Reef

Keeping a Six line Wrasse

sapling

6 hours ago, sapling said:

wow, thanks for the heads up! I found the kits from BRS but thats way out of the budget atm, like 5 times more than expected. It does look exactly whats needed though, and they even have a way to hold the lid up with suspension clips. maybe I should hold off on doing the lids for now until I can get that?

im just wondering how would I set it since I have to figure in the skimmer and such. maybe only creating the lid to be over only the main area and not behind the false wall? sizing it from the front of the tank to the false wall? seems to make the most sense since I want the back open so I can let cables by and skimmer and gooseneck to my light and etc.

thanks alot for the BRS suggestion! I tried to find the stuff on Lowe's but couldnt find anything correct for the application. the closest thing I saw that could be cost effective but needed to be jury rigged a bit was a 24" x 12" zilla screen cover

You can buy just the screen off BRS and then a window kit at lowe's for cheaper then the full kit on BRS.

Court jester gobies have tiny mouths so find sand for sifting but they do have captive bred court jester gobies which advertise as taking prepared foods.

6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

You can buy just the screen off BRS and then a window kit at lowe's for cheaper then the full kit on BRS.

Court jester gobies have tiny mouths so find sand for sifting but they do have captive bred court jester gobies which advertise as taking prepared foods.

after taking a second look, the kit would be something like this one from lowe's yes? and then buy the 1/4" netting from BRS right? Do you think I'd need the spline roller in this case?

I think the Swalesi basslet (Lipogramma swalesi) would be a solid choice. You just need to be aware that they can be cryptic and come from deeper waters. Also probably be wary with smaller shrimp like sexies.

• Like 1