Coral Vue Hydros

New Beginnings

LongPig

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great frags to start @LongPig! How are they settling in?

Everybody seems to be doing very well except for me mounting that Bonsai backwards. I’m liking the AIO life. 

• Like 1

Looks like you’ve figured it all out. How are you liking the fuge? I’ve always been reluctant because I want to keep the back chambers as clean as possible. 

14 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Looks like you’ve figured it all out. How are you liking the fuge? I’ve always been reluctant because I want to keep the back chambers as clean as possible. 

Ya know, I haven't paid too much attention to it. I bought the inTank fuge and the IM AUQA Gadget Chaetomax, set them up, added chaeto and kind of forgot about it. I assume we're fine.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

So unusual! What sort of care do they need @LongPig?

Nothing extra special as they are an omnivore. I usually just make sure it’s on the substrate when I feed and it goes for any items that land. It’s also a detritus feeder so it will pick it’s way through the books and crannies. Also I make sure it’s under water at all times during a water change as I’ve read they’re preset intolerant of being exposed to air. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Piggy post up those cell phone pics you sent me of your killer acan collection!

I guess I may as well. These aren't my pics but I'll never be able to get good pics.

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_6725.PNG

• Wow 1
Christopher Marks

Hot damn, those are killer! Who took the photos for you?

We can help you improve your photos too @LongPig! I imagine you're shooting with a smartphone? Correcting the white balance is the biggest issue at hand, reef aquarium's actinic lights really confuse smartphone sensors, making the blue issue even worse. You can get around it with camera apps, or if you have control of your light's spectrum, you can just temporarily change it over to reduced blues/purples for photos :D 

2 minutes ago, metrokat said:

:wub:

I know right?

Just now, Christopher Marks said:

Hot damn, those are killer! Who took the photos for you?

We can help you improve your photos too @LongPig! I imagine you're shooting with a smartphone? Correcting the white balance is the biggest issue at hand, reef aquarium's actinic lights really confuse smartphone sensors, making the blue issue even worse. You can get around it with camera apps, or if you have control of your light's spectrum, you can just temporarily change it over to reduced blues/purples for photos :D 

They're actually the pics I was sent for purchase. I have the VSCO cam app and I've been tweaking as I take pics but these Acans are so insane I don't think i could even capture the color properly. The pinks are nearly that pink when they're not even under lighting.

• Like 2