SaltCritters.com

New Beginnings

LongPig

57 minutes ago, markalot said:

I see sticks, that seem to be doing well.  Naturally everyone is fawning over the acans.  :)

How are the SPS doing?  The Acans are very nice too.

Glad you asked. I've lost a couple over the past couple of weeks. My LFS gets frags in for trade. Whenever I buy a frag that this one guy has traded in they do just fine. I have a couple of great pieces from him. I also have a maricultured colony that is doing awesome. All in all I've never been a very good SPS keeper but I seem to be doing well with the pieces I have. One of my SPS losses was due to an anemone that decided to go ambulatory and wrap itself around a mini colony of Red Dragon and i couldn't get it loose.

• Like 1

Bah to Red Dragon, I looked at mine wrong and it all died.

That's the way to do it, keep the ones that do well, don't sweat the ones that don't.  Frags sometimes croak because they're already stressed so if anything is a little off they blow up.   

53 minutes ago, Smitten4Witten said:

Where did you order the acans from?

BSA Corals. They're Japanese Acans. A lot pricier than Aussie but obviously well worth it.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, markalot said:

Bah to Red Dragon, I looked at mine wrong and it all died.

That's the way to do it, keep the ones that do well, don't sweat the ones that don't.  Frags sometimes croak because they're already stressed so if anything is a little off they blow up.   

I feel the same about every coral. I got 12 new zoanthids the other day all from the same source. Put them in the same spot in my tank. nine opened and three still haven't opened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Got a fresh FTS to show off the whole collection @LongPig? :D 

I’ll get a good one tomorrow. I didn’t like any of the ones i took. 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I haven’t updated in quite awhile but here we go. The IM 20 is now an IM 30L. Liking the extra foot of space. Only have a couple pics right now but I’ll take more soon. 

80A33230-82DF-4607-AC89-761A488AA39D.jpeg

A983A3E6-0D74-4CBD-9D2F-7E1A79EC4FF6.jpeg

E22F9599-CF00-415C-A0C0-4318ACF7AE8B.jpeg

735FF26B-86CB-4737-A075-70FE2603FE89.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, 748S911 said:

those are some really nice corals!! nice reef

Thank you! I was in Gainesville this past Sunday. Where do you n. VA reefers shop?

1 hour ago, LongPig said:

Thank you! I was in Gainesville this past Sunday. Where do you n. VA reefers shop?

Reef escape in fairfax is nice (closest to Gainesville) .. then quantum corals in Springfield va is nice too. Other than that I’m not sure 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...