Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clowns hosting

Yumarattler

Getting clowns to host corals isn’t always ideal because most corals like hammers and frogs aren’t used to having fish swimming in them but anything is possible in this hobby 

BTA stay smaller but are more active so beware with corals and some people have the split constantly which can be good or bad. But it would be your best bet for the clowns and I’ve added them to new tanks no problem but it is definitely riskier. Also when they go they can take the tank down with them if they die. 

A clown will choose what it wants its home to be. Even powerheads.

even getting an anemone is no guarantee.

Mine in my 25g host a frogspawn and have for 2 yrs

In my 10g they host a toadstool 

• Like 1
On 10/19/2017 at 7:36 PM, Yumarattler said:

Aside from an anemone what are some corals that clown will possibly host in?  I am very new to the hobby so the easier to keep the better.  

Thanks

seth

Clowns will literally host in anything. Zoas, nems, xenia, shrooms, etc. In my experience there is no rhyme or reason for getting them to host a specific coral unfortunately. 

My pair ignore the torch, frogspawn, hammer, Duncan and everything else vaguely anenomesque in the tank... and go nuts over the 2mm thick, 2cm square inner bit of the nano mag :lol:

My clown hosts a couple of Duncan colnys, one during the day and a different one at night. She will defend them against all hands. The Duncans appear to have no illeffects...unlike my hands.