Pod Your Reef

Stocking a 14 gallon

Clownfish2004

Clownfish2004

So I am looking to re-setup my 14-gallon bio-cube, and I am looking for some recommendations. I have a few ideas, but my best seems to do a frag tank, with mushrooms, and leathers, (or maybe some zoas, idk). But that would be a very bland tank if it just had an eggcrate rack and some soft corals. So for fish, I was thinking maybe a pair of either cinamon or fifi barberi clowns, since in the past I have never kept the larger bodied clowns, but the more normal looking clowns. I was thinking of either a coral beauty, a rock beauty, or a half black angelfish, as the centerpiece fish, but of course, I would either have to upgrade to a larger tank or trade him in at my lfs for a baby once it gets too big for my bio-cube. And if anyone has any suggestions for what soft corals I should get to frag, let me know. 

Wouldn't recommend recommend  dwarf angel, even temporarily. A pair of clowns will work, although clowns from the Tomato complex can be big and aggressive.

Most small gobies and blennies are good, along with firefish, small basslets, most cardinalfish, pink streak wrasse, and possum wrasse.

• Like 2
Clownfish2004

Sounds good. Would really like the angles, but guess that’ll have to wait till the 55 I plan on starting up eventually. Don’t really like wrasses but maybe just a handful of gobies and blennies would be cool

Clownfish2004
15 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

@ReefWeeds look who is back ?

I know. This time I am seariously doing what I’m saying. And this time I’m doing it right. Taking my time, looking into stuff, etc.

1 hour ago, 1967type1 said:

Also for corals one of my favorite mushrooms is the saint Tomas toxic leak it’s stunning and adds some cool textures to the tank.

St Thomas mushroom are so cool. I've seen them only twice here but too expensive for me. 

@Clownfish2004

I would definitely stick to a small bioload in your 14g. Stick to smaller clown species.

Clownfish2004

Sounds cool. Those mushrooms look really cool. But they are also too expensive. I am probably going to end up with some reds, greens, and blues. Maybe some fuzzy.