holy carp

Photographing with AI Prime HD

Has anyone found a good blend of the channels on the AI Prime HD (presumably same/similar setting as the Hydra HD) for taking photographs?  

I'd like to find some settings that bring out the coral colors without flooding the camera sensor with blues.  As great as the light looks in real life, I've been getting awful photos.  Gel filters are fine, but more ideal when taking images of just the corals as opposed to the tank and surrounding space.  I was hoping that adjusting the lighting might accomplish good results without filters or Photoshop.

Are you using your phone?  Only way to get good photos with your phone with any led is to turn the blues way down from what I have seen.

Turning all colors to 80% works well for me

I used to tune my old Hydra 26HD to about 15000 to 16000 K preset color on the AI app for photo.  That should require minimal photo adjustment afterward.  I kept my tank at 18000-20000K preset color normally.

What's this about AI Prime HD?  different tank? 

Thanks.

Yes, I'm trying to use my phone - Galaxy S8.  The white balance can be manually adjusted to 10k°K on the phone, but I wasn't having very good luck with it.  Often it would actually turn the image purplish instead of blue.