Coral Vue Hydros

What is this?

Yumarattler

IMG_2102.thumb.JPG.526eb1d1574955a8709f2ce0da531b2d.JPGI bought some Kenya tree frags the other day from a guy and he said this one was on a purple sponge that never took off in his tank. I noticed a small grey tube near the base of the tree and it started collecting substrate on it and I looked at it today and the substrate tube has grown a lot... any ideas what it is?  Also on the right side of the sponge or rock is a couple zoa polyps as well.  It has been less than a week and it has gone from the base to where it is now. 

IMG_2101.JPG

Reefaddiction

They don’t harm your system. Kinda cool actually, and they help filter water to some degree. I have a coco worm in my tank, slightly different than a feather duster but both are neat!

revolution1925

So i dont want to scare u but this is a eunice worm. I used to have one of this in my tank for a couple of months . He eat almost all off my zoas and its very difficult to remove him. 

I will suggest u to remove the frag ASAP. Carefully follow the tube to find the start of it. Search for 'tube' not only at the frag but also at your  live rock under or near the frag. 

It is possible the,  worm, to live  allready inside your rock. 

Start from the vissible part of the tube and carefully try to find all the tube with the worm. 

Now if u find the worm remove him and be sure u remove all the worm. If u cut the worm has the abbility to regrow himself. 

If allready live in your live rock u must break the rock to remove  him. 

This kind  of  worms is very sensitive to the light  (even Red light)  and the move. It is near impossible to see him in action. He never leaves his tube. 

I fighting this guy for almost six months and finally i break (out of the tank) 50% of my rock scape to remove him. The worm was 78cm!!! In a 60ltr tank! 

Sorry about my english. Plz feel free to ask me whatever u want. 

It's a spinoid, chaetopterid, phyllochaetopterus, or some other type of small worm. It's not a Eunice worm. What you have is a detrivore, and is quite beneficial.

+1 to the tube worm

Just a tube worm commonly found in aquaria. Not a problem. The two things you are referring to are part of the pharynx and they are just searching for food particles.