Pod Your Reef

RIP to My Picasso Clown

REEFreefLJS85

REEFreefLJS85

So last night I took the lid off my IM10 Fusion and woke up this man to a dead clown on the floor. Yes he jumped out the tank. So we all know that Picasso are part of the percula family. Could I mix a ocellaris clown with my Picasso? I am thinking about just leaving that one clown in there and just worry about  corals. I just always been that person who loves to see a pair of clowns in a tank.

I also have a watchman goby under the rocks which I never see. I seen him once or twice. I seen him come peep his head out trying to snip at a hermit crab who was trying to go inside his cave. He already killed one hermit crab. He dragged him inside his cave. Lol kinda wish I never bought him lol 

Yes an occy will mix fine. Sorry about your clown... As much as I love the rimless look 24/7....i could never have a tank like that. I don't know how anyone does it and still sleeps at night. I would be waking up at 3am checking on my fish lol

12 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Yes an occy will mix fine. Sorry about your clown... As much as I love the rimless look 24/7....i could never have a tank like that. I don't know how anyone does it and still sleeps at night. I would be waking up at 3am checking on my fish lol

Eh, I haven’t had a lid on my tank for almost 2 years now. It’s just a gamble I’m willing to take I guess. I’m getting one soon since I’m getting a known jumper

REEFreefLJS85
23 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Thank you for your response.  Should I get one that is smaller than the one in my tank? I know the female is the bigger one and the small one is the male. 

Thrassian Atoll
7 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Eh, I haven’t had a lid on my tank for almost 2 years now. It’s just a gamble I’m willing to take I guess. I’m getting one soon since I’m getting a known jumper

I love the look of not having a lid, even with the Clearview.  It's definitely a gamble though.  I know my fish would jump in a heartbeat.

So sorry about your clown.

I love the look of no lid but I am afraid of losing my fishes which always happens when you aren't around to save it!

Yes you can mix a perc. And occ. 

I have a rimless and a diy screen cover. I added the cover after the loss of one of my favorite fish.

The screen looks good and is very thin so it isn't like have a rimmed tank.

21 hours ago, REEFreefLJS85 said:

Thank you for your response.  Should I get one that is smaller than the one in my tank? I know the female is the bigger one and the small one is the male. 

Yes, get one smaller than your current fish.

• 4 weeks later...