ReefCleaners.org

Fishfreak's C.C. Coffee Pot Pico: Soft reboot complete

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114

We have made it to Vancouver safe!  I just visited J and L aquatics, and a good hour and a half  later I’m leaving $340 lighter 😱. I got a Pom Pom crab complete with both poms, and three sexies for the pot!  I’m pretty stoked ❤️  Pics probably late tonight when I’m finally home

• Like 7
Just now, fishfreak0114 said:

We have made it to Vancouver safe!  I just visited J and L aquatics, and a good hour and a half  later I’m leaving $340 lighter 😱. I got a Pom Pom crab complete with both poms, and three sexies for the pot!  I’m pretty stoked ❤️  Pics probably late tonight when I’m finally home

Yay!!!! omgomgomg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
fishfreak0114

Oh, and I bought a super teeny blue leg hermit. I bought their biggest one, and it’s still the tiniest I’ve ever seen!  Seriously, some of them were a quarter centimetre. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
On 4/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, fishfreak0114 said:

Well, this trip is already much regretted. The highways are horrible, mom is almost crying she’s so scared, and the roads aren’t even ploughed. This highway is notorious and even has a Tv show, Highway Thru Hell. I hope we can get home tonight...

All that for some shrimp, huh? I hope you guys make it back okay!

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
2 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

All that for some shrimp, huh? I hope you guys make it back okay!

Thanks, by the time we headed home the roads had cleared. It was some pretty unexpected weather! 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

So I found out this morning that my boyfriend thought corals were rocks/minerals... :unsure:

OOF.

What did you do?? :whoa:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

So I found out this morning that my boyfriend thought corals were rocks/minerals... :unsure:

My ex thought corals were gonna grow from live rock🙄

• Haha 2
fishfreak0114
4 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

OOF.

What did you do?? :whoa:

Mostly just stared in shock. I explained to him that they were animals, he didn’t believe me and insisted on googling it 🙄🤣

2 hours ago, vlangel said:

That's a lotta loot!

It certainly is!  More pics soon, I’m loving the life!

2 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

My ex thought corals were gonna grow from live rock🙄

Oh my...that would be nice though!

I mean, my bf basically thought the corals were the rocks so 🤣

• Haha 2

Great video of the pom pom.  I love those little do-dads on its face. Cheerleader, my pom pom is so elusive and in a big tank I don't get to see the tiny details on him.  I consider myself lucky when I get to just see him!

• Like 3
fishfreak0114
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

Great video of the pom pom.  I love those little do-dads on its face. Cheerleader, my pom pom is so elusive and in a big tank I don't get to see the tiny details on him.  I consider myself lucky when I get to just see him!

I can’t imagine trying to find one in a big tank, I lose track of him even in the coffee pot!

fishfreak0114

So I’ve been slowly working through the threads for the old school pico contest and I’ve seen people using lots of small heaters. And then I thought...why am I using a massive 50w heater??  Then I remembered that I bought it before my inkbird, when I needed it to turn itself off at 78. So, should I get a smaller heater that takes up less real estate?  And if so, suggestions?

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
1 hour ago, seabass said:

I'm using a little 7.5W heater (in conjunction with a temperature controller).  It heats my 2.5 gal up fine.

See the source image

You can see how little it is based on the cord.

Oh wow, that would be a huge improvement!  I’m going to look into that. My current one barely fits in the pot. 

fishfreak0114
16 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm using an Aquatop 25w preset (mine stays at around 81F).  It's pretty low profile as well (smaller than the Tetra 50w at least).

I’ll have to look at that one as well, thank you!

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
Christopher Marks
16 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

So I'm sitting in French class (not doing French) looking at itty bitty betta heaters.  Thoughts on these?

https://www.amazon.ca/Hydor-7-5w-Heater-Bettas-Bowls/dp/B006JVQ67K/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=betta'%2Bheater&qid=1556660844&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

will pretty much any cheap little betta heater work since I have the inkbird?

Yep, pretty much any cheap heater will work because your Inkbird controller is doing all the heavy lifting as the thermostat, any heating element will work. I use the same 7.5 watt heater as @seabass in my 2 gallon pico jar (he kindly sent me his spare!) along with an Inkbird controller, it's been great. I hadn't seen the Hydro Betta Bowl flat/round style heater before I had already setup my jar, but I think I would have buried one of those under my sand bed if I were starting over, just because it would be neat to hide it that way. I didn't want to disrupt my system by installing one later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
fishfreak0114
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Yep, pretty much any cheap heater will work because your Inkbird controller is doing all the heavy lifting as the thermostat, any heating element will work. I use the same 7.5 watt heater as @seabass in my 2 gallon pico jar (he kindly sent me his spare!) along with an Inkbird controller, it's been great. I hadn't seen the Hydro Betta Bowl flat/round style heater before I had already setup my jar, but I think I would have buried one of those under my sand bed if I were starting over, just because it would be neat to hide it that way. I didn't want to disrupt my system by installing one later.

Tbh I hadn’t even thought of putting it under the sand!  But I like that idea, I think I’m going to try to get that one. I really want the rest of my limited space!

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Sooo, tonight I added a tiny left handed hermit since the tiny blue leg I bought was actually a tiny cerith:rolleyes: 

I also made quite a few changes :ninja: pics tomorrow if the tank doesn’t crash overnight DBBE1325-79EB-45A5-8924-45B664190FA5.thumb.jpeg.46378f309b71d1ea815878d4dff8dae1.jpeg

• Like 4