inTank Media Baskets

Fishfreak's C.C. Coffee Pot Pico: Soft reboot complete

fishfreak0114

On 4/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

Well, long time no update!  The coffee pot hasn’t really changed. Sadly Raymond the hermit passed a couple months ago. I just did a water change today and finally cleaned the glass. 

0E499F1B-F699-40CA-972E-64EA1B845361.jpeg

AE24E3E2-DF1F-4C1B-A183-5F5D9A51D819.jpeg

83EB8020-ECC0-4745-9426-4AFF4E87B40E.jpeg

Glad to see an update. Looks great! 😊

• Like 3
fishfreak0114
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Glad to see an update. Looks great! 😊

Thank you!  I just skimmed back through the thread, and I definitely have let things slide.  I'm going to try to get things all cleaned up again.

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
3 hours ago, yoshii said:

Glad to see this tank is still running! 🙂 I'm sure you can sneak it in your dorm

If they question I'll just say I'm growing plants and hope they don't know what coral is :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
fishfreak0114
19 hours ago, Firefish15 said:

Man, all my great ideas have already been thought of! :lol: Still glad I found this journal though. 

You should do a coffee pot pico and actually use the built in heating element!   I hope the journal helps in some way 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

You should do a coffee pot pico and actually use the built in heating element!   I hope the journal helps in some way 

Hm, that would be tricky I think. I'd have to learn some electrical stuff. I assume there's some sort of controller I could set to regulate the temperature.

I'm sure I'll learn a lot by the time I've read through all 15 pages!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Firefish15 said:

I'd have to learn some electrical stuff. I assume there's some sort of controller I could set to regulate the temperature.

If the heating element has some sort of timer to turn it off, you'd want to bypass that.  Then you want to use a temperature controller to control power to the element.  More than likely, you'd want to set it a little lower, as the element will continue to supply some heat after power is cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
fishfreak0114

I’m a couple weeks I may be making a run to some reef stores with my mom. If so, I’ll probably pick up some sort of shrimp or crab for the pico 

8389262B-55E5-410D-A8D8-E146C5DEC4CC.jpeg

DA60F24D-ABF6-4D6B-BAF8-5F2785CE1BA9.jpeg

D99B5CA0-744E-4BE2-8DA0-CD7715CB0C7F.jpeg

• Like 8

Love the cactus, cacti?   Always loved this project, so cool its still running! I had this exact model of coffee pot, I threw it out eventually...who is sorry now lol.

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
6 hours ago, MarieH said:

Love the cactus, cacti?   Always loved this project, so cool its still running! I had this exact model of coffee pot, I threw it out eventually...who is sorry now lol.

Thanks, I hope to keep it running for many more years!  It’s certainly easy enough to take care of 😆

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

I could use a little input. I may be taking a trip to some reed stores this weekend, and I’m a little hung up on what to buy. I skimmed one stores stock list and notes down anything that caught my eye. If you were me, what would you buy?  

White porcelain crab

Pom Pom crab 

Mexican red leg hermit

Anemone shrimp 

Sexy shrimp

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

I've been considering choosing one from the same list, minus the hermit crab, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Porcelain Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes ohshimai) for my pico jar. It seems to be the best balance of interesting and active invertebrate that isn't going to get into any trouble! 🙂 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
40 minutes ago, Firefish15 said:

I think that a pico like yours would really show off the sexy shrimp well. They're pretty easy to lose in a larger tank.

I’ve wanted sexies for a long time, and there aren’t many zoas in the pico to risk. I still worry about their behaviour though, that’s why I haven’t gotten them previously...

22 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I've been considering choosing one from the same list, minus the hermit crab, and I think I've narrowed it down to the Porcelain Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes ohshimai) for my pico jar. It seems to be the best balance of interesting and active invertebrate that isn't going to get into any trouble! 🙂 

I absolutely love the porcelain crab in my other tank, and they sell purple ones too so maybe that’s an different option. The last purple one I bought decided to spend his life in the sump :rolleyes: I may actually see it in the coffee pot

i appreciate the input guys!❤️  Do you think I could squeeze both in here, or is that pushing it?  And then there is those beautiful anemone shrimp..ah!  I want it all :lol:

• Like 3
8 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I could use a little input. I may be taking a trip to some reed stores this weekend, and I’m a little hung up on what to buy. I skimmed one stores stock list and notes down anything that caught my eye. If you were me, what would you buy?  

White porcelain crab

Pom Pom crab 

Mexican red leg hermit

Anemone shrimp 

Sexy shrimp

I enjoy Sexy Shrimp and their antics. I have six in my 12 gallon and they are so funny together. They come up and take food from my hand. 

• Like 2
fishfreak0114
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

I vote either anemone shrimp or sexies!  I have always wanted sexy shrimp myself but was afraid they would get lost in my tanks.

I loved the anemone shrimp I used to have but I think sexies could be fun!

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I enjoy Sexy Shrimp and their antics. I have six in my 12 gallon and they are so funny together. They come up and take food from my hand. 

Yep, definitely want sexies now. Hopefully the trip is a go. It is about three hours drive to the furthest store. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

White porcelain crab

Pom Pom crab 

Mexican red leg hermit

Anemone shrimp 

Sexy shrimp

I love my pom pom! He’s hilarious when I go to feed, he comes running out waving his pom poms and demanding food. They’re little, so in a bigger tank they might be hard to appreciate, but I think in yours you would get a lot of enjoyment out of it! 

(I have a funny video of mine posted in my tank thread if you want to check it out)

• Like 4
fishfreak0114
54 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

I love my pom pom! He’s hilarious when I go to feed, he comes running out waving his pom poms and demanding food. They’re little, so in a bigger tank they might be hard to appreciate, but I think in yours you would get a lot of enjoyment out of it! 

(I have a funny video of mine posted in my tank thread if you want to check it out)

I’ve wanted a pom Pom for a long time!  

It looks like I’ll be deciding when I get there 😆. I kind of want a Pom Pom and sexies since I already have Jacob the porcelain crab in my other tank...

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

Sooo this happened. Really Mother Nature?  Really?  The one day I wanted to travel?  We’re undecided if we’ll go in this weather. 

AA17FD6A-50C9-4F06-A877-48B99DCAB6D7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
fishfreak0114
59 minutes ago, JBM said:

Always pic the sexy shrimp. They have a awesome dance

I’m gonna get them :tongueout:  assuming we don’t die on this drive, the roads are bad!

fishfreak0114

Well, this trip is already much regretted. The highways are horrible, mom is almost crying she’s so scared, and the roads aren’t even ploughed. This highway is notorious and even has a Tv show, Highway Thru Hell. I hope we can get home tonight...

9C060234-8E8E-4EFC-B8A1-352AFDCC56D8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1