Top Shelf Aquatics

Fishfreak's C.C. Coffee Pot Pico: Soft reboot complete

fishfreak0114

fishfreak0114
7 hours ago, seabass said:

Still beautiful.  And the cacti look sweet.

Thanks!  I was pretty stoked when I found cacti. Turns out they grow pretty fast!

45 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'm so glad to see the pico pot it still going strong! I'm impressed the pipe organ is doing so well too, neat to see!

This might be the easiest tank I’ve ever maintained!  The pipe organ is one of my favourites so I’ve been really happy to see it spread 🙂  I’m curious to see if it’ll try to grow right on top of its neighbors?

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Looks great! My tanks have all changed up lol. Is a diy led a possibility?

Thanks!  Maybe DIY led could work?  I need to look into that. Me and electrical stuff should not mix. I got a rapid led kit once and that thing is so shoddily put together. It took me ages and the wires still come apart if I move it too much :lol: 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Thanks!  Maybe DIY led could work?  I need to look into that. Me and electrical stuff should not mix. I got a rapid led kit once and that thing is so shoddily put together. It took me ages and the wires still come apart if I move it too much :lol: 

LOL, that is exactly how I feel about me and electricity!

• Like 1
On 6/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, seabass said:

That's shocking.  :lol:

that's usually my line.

Anyway, that's me last year, rebuilding a transformer. Had to stop and take a selfie

20150427_174203.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
fishfreak0114

Alrighty!  So time for an update.  No pictures atm sadly, I'm at work.

The pico is alive and well.  For most of July the glass was so algae covered I couldn't see much.  But I recently cleaned it off, ripped out a lot of grape caulerpa (which was starting to smother things), and did a partial water change.  I don't even feed the pico.  The pod population is strong, and I see Raymond scooting about still.  The corals are growing to some degree.  Not nearly as much as before due to the fact that I still have a cheap PC over it as I'm undecided about the light situation.  Thus far I have managed to avoid killing the cacti!  I never realized how easy saltwater could be.  Literally all I do to this pot is flick the light on and off, and squirt in some water every couple days!  I hope to give y'all some pics in the near future.  I need to clean the glass on both my tanks, so none today.  But maybe Friday or something.

• Like 4

Sweet!  It looks great.  Do you have to prune the macros algaes very often?  I like it that your contest pico is still in its contest container.  How are the plants doing in the top of the coffee pot?

• Like 2
fishfreak0114
4 hours ago, vlangel said:

Sweet!  It looks great.  Do you have to prune the macros algaes very often?  I like it that your contest pico is still in its contest container.  How are the plants doing in the top of the coffee pot?

Thanks!  I haven’t been pruning the macro too often, is growth ha slowed with the pc too. I should probably be trimming once a month?  The cacti are pretty good!  I’m amazed that I haven’t managed to kill them tbh. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I love how you and granite reefer have kept your original containers.  Most of us who still have our contest reefs moved into something that offered a bit more room.

• Like 2
fishfreak0114
On 9/7/2018 at 10:10 AM, vlangel said:

I love how you and granite reefer have kept your original containers.  Most of us who still have our contest reefs moved into something that offered a bit more room.

Thanks ☺️  I really love the coffee pot, even though it has zero elbow room. My solution?  Never do anything inside of it 😂  I did enjoy seeing everyone’s upgrades though!

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...
fishfreak0114

Well, long time no update!  The coffee pot hasn’t really changed. Sadly Raymond the hermit passed a couple months ago. I just did a water change today and finally cleaned the glass. 

0E499F1B-F699-40CA-972E-64EA1B845361.jpeg

AE24E3E2-DF1F-4C1B-A183-5F5D9A51D819.jpeg

83EB8020-ECC0-4745-9426-4AFF4E87B40E.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Wow 2
fishfreak0114
18 hours ago, vlangel said:

Yay, I am glad that the coffee pot is still going strong even if Raymond isn't. May he RIP.

Thank you :happy: I'm not sure what I'll add in his place.  Maybe a tiny shrimp or crab or another hermit.  I'm hoping I can sneak the pot into my dorm room come fall!

• Like 2
17 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Thank you :happy: I'm not sure what I'll add in his place.  Maybe a tiny shrimp or crab or another hermit.  I'm hoping I can sneak the pot into my dorm room come fall!

Its awesome that this pico is still running after almost 2 years.

Should you not find a suitable place for it. There is a home for it on my desk. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
fishfreak0114
4 hours ago, JBM said:

Its awesome that this pico is still running after almost 2 years.

Should you not find a suitable place for it. There is a home for it on my desk. 😉

I'll keep that in mind :lol: