ReefCleaners.org

Stocking My 14 Gallon Bio-Cube

Clownfish2004

Clownfish2004

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for stocking my 14 gallon bio-cube. I have been out of keeping saltwater fish for about a year now. But after a quick trip to petco with my mom to get dog food, I have rediscovered my love for keeping saltwater fish. I have a few ideas for stocking, but I wanted to run it by some people first. The first and only really good one is to do a frag tank with an egg crate rack half way up the tank. Doing a couple inch bed of sand, with some live rock. I plan on doing some mushrooms/ leather corals for the frags. But I was wondering what fish I should do. I was thinking maybe some damsels or something like that. But like I said I've been out of it for a little while so...I am not sure what I should do.

Clownfish2004

Gobies sound cool. I think they would do well with the corals I’m going to be fragging since the green and citron gobies like to hang out in mushrooms and such. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, bbetta said:

Ι wouldn’t put damsel(s) in a 14G. I’d probably go with a nice pair of designer clowns or a couple of gobies like the Neon Goby or Gobiodon Okinawae

totally agree with the clowns. I like the watchmen goby cause they clean the sand bed plus you can get the pistol shrimp which go very well with eachother since your going with a deeper sand bed.

Clownfish2004

Sounds cool. I may end up not doing sand because it is going to be a frag tank. Want to make it more interesting though with a couple small fish. I was thinking about doing a fish like a coral beauty, a rock beauty, or a half black angelfish as the show stopper, and either upgrading it into a bigger tank, or trading it in at my lfs for another baby. Then having a pair of cinnamon or fiji barberi clown fish. Idk that is just an idea I had. But let me know if that would work.

Liveaquaria.com  has the size requirements for every fish.

Even when larger fish are juveniles, they shouldn't be kept in small tanks.

They grow rapidly, need more swimming room, and there is no guarantee you will have a 70g tank or that a lfs will take them in.

Angels are also not reef safe.

Stick with small clown fish like ocellaris or percula or gobies