SaltCritters.com

Stocking 13.5 evo

FISHnChix

So I have a question I have never had a tank this small. I started it as a QT tank. My tank just finished cycling and I want to add a clownfish pair.. is a smaller pair of like 1.5 inch clowns too much to add at one time in this tank???

If you’re sure it’s cycled and you buy the smallest clownfish pair you can get, then go for it. Add some bacteria the first days to help your system keep up with the bioload. 

I have this tank with one small ocellaris and a purple fire fish. Was thinking about a neon blue goby if my nitrate levels stay good, which they have so far

7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Yes 2 clowns will be fine as long as it's cycled.

If newly cycled I'd add one at a time so the system has time in between fish. 

That is My concern I usually only add 1 fish at a time and this is a new start up

Do you think it would be a problem adding clowns at differant times?? I domt want them to get too aggressive with each other.. How long would you wait before adding the second clown??

No you should be ok as long as you get differing size of clowns.

I added one after 7mnths. They paired off immediately.

I added 2 together in my 10g and the female is mean to the male. Hasn't hurt him but constantly charges at him. 

8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

No you should be ok as long as you get differing size of clowns.

I added one after 7mnths. They paired off immediately.

I added 2 together in my 10g and the female is mean to the male. Hasn't hurt him but constantly charges at him. 

The female is super aggressive on the male, all day pretty much.

2 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

The female is super aggressive on the male, all day pretty much.

That's what's happening with one of my pairs.

I feel bad for the male.

27 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That's what's happening with one of my pairs.

I feel bad for the male.

Me too. I don't know what to do. I thought about introducing a third clown but I'm not sure if that would do anything.

43 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

Me too. I don't know what to do. I thought about introducing a third clown but I'm not sure if that would do anything.

Don't add a third. Read up on clown harems. There's a specific way to have multiple clowns and it's harder to do it in a small tank.

I have no idea. Mine is being a real b+×ch and yet the male has done his dance and all. The only time she's cool with him is bed time.