Coral Vue Hydros

ussh

Jorge091293

i paid my brother in law to set up level and fill up my new 54 gallon reef tank 

first of all gave him 60 dollars for distill water instead to save me money bought sea chem prime and filled it with tap  okays is okays as my city tap is safe to drink 

second i had rinse sand but still told to give few more rinses as it was used 

but now the tank has a lot of white foam on the surface any adive on what it is ?? 

11 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

i paid my brother in law to set up level and fill up my new 54 gallon reef tank 

first of all gave him 60 dollars for distill water instead to save me money bought sea chem prime and filled it with tap  okays is okays as my city tap is safe to drink 

second i had rinse sand but still told to give few more rinses as it was used 

but now the tank has a lot of white foam on the surface any adive on what it is ?? 

Setting up with tap water will set you up for potentially years of problems.  Just because it's safe to drink doesn't mean it's safe for reef tanks because it may have trace elements/heavy metals in it that are harmful to invertebrates.  I would empty the tank and start over with distilled or pure RO/DI.

• Like 1

Possibly. It needs thorough rinsing until pretty much clear. I run my second last rinse with prime and then my last rinse with distilled.

Unfortunately tap water is simply not good to use, at all.

Most water is safe to drink. My tap water is deemed potable but I wouldn't use it in my SW.

I use it in my FW and after seeing the bubble foam issue and algae issues, I'm switching over to ro/di in that tank too.

Without knowing what your brother in law did, it's impossible to know. 

The tap water shouldn't have been used nd who knows how well he rinsed the sand or how

thanks is working changed floss las night it was very milky  distilled water is reading at 0 tds .i  can see the power head kinda in the water now so is clearing up . i will run skimmer on friday because i broke the o ring of it  buu huu . i will be running carbon tonight .. i am tired of running every time i need a mesh bag for media to pet smart anyone know any substitution that i can buy and get out a lot of bags of it  ??<_<

The mesh bags are reusable. When you dump the media, rinse the bag and reuse. Buy a few to have spares.

You can use new pantyhose as well. Buying a bunch at the dollar store comes in handy.

I buy the sockets or knee highs. Rinse, Fill them up, knot or zip tie them, cut remaining fabric off. Just plain nylon.