Coral Vue Hydros

The Girlfriend Pico: Getting Creative With Dongs...

metrokat

On 11/3/2017 at 10:54 AM, metrokat said:

Good morning. The dongs have crabs. :blink::o:lol: Trying to get a good picture was a challenge, the crab was on the back side so I had to do a selfie camera angle and it's blurred but at least you see a big dong. :D

rsz_crab.thumb.jpg.e0bec1953387e7f5f800428702eae735.jpg

Here were some other considerations for a creative container. A beautiful tea pot! I mulled over several kinds and they all had a small water volume, but I thought this had a lovely shape. However when @Mariaface saw all the options and saw the Cloche in action - well, there was no competition.

rsz_teapot.thumb.jpg.93e89d2b40ad21bfdcf6db61bcf4f8c2.jpg

i quite literally about a year ago was asking around if anyone had done it? i wanted to prop up the pot and find a way to have the teapot pouring out "tea" (the tank water obviously) into a teacup that would be a secondary connected tank which would drain into a larger main bottom like you have done with this tank. and then reperform the loop of flow.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Cameron6796 said:

i quite literally about a year ago was asking around if anyone had done it? i wanted to prop up the pot and find a way to have the teapot pouring out "tea" (the tank water obviously) into a teacup that would be a secondary connected tank which would drain into a larger main bottom like you have done with this tank. and then reperform the loop of flow.

That would be sweet but imagine the evaporation with constant flowing water?

• Like 1

Full confession. One of the containers I had thought of while sourcing for this contest was a water fountain. I had to quickly toss out that idea with the kitten putting her nose and her paws into everything. Running water? Yeah, she'd probably be bathing in it daily. She licks saltwater from my change buckets all the time. 

• Like 1
On 12/20/2017 at 9:23 PM, metrokat said:

December FTS @Felicia

IMG_20171115_152039.thumb.jpg.c95284d0c752bc9576e086b73c0fb074.jpg 

zoas.thumb.jpg.4d5486ee42d57f0813e8e8f7ebb3fe62.jpg

Hey @Mariaface 

Major overhaul of the pico today. I drained it, took off the forest that has grown back after the previous water change when we also scrubbed and did a peroxide dip. While I was doing that I decided to remove the very big dong and replace it with something more dainty. :huh: 

Did a very thorough water change - where did that much detritus come from?! sheesh it was nasty. Anyway - redid the scape, pasted a couple of new corals. It is still pissed off and the water is cloudy. Pretty sure I may have started yet another cycle :lol: 

Wil post pics later. 

Hey guys!  For the remaining FTS's for the contest, can you please pm them to me?  The tags just get lost in all my notifications for the contest.  I just realized this was here for the December FTS.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Felicia said:

I have not yet received your January FTS for the contest.  Please pm it to me as soon as possible.

We had to tear down the pico unfortunately. :(

I couldn't use half of my stove and Calleigh was starting to jump up on the stove to check it out which I can't afford for her to do - what if it was hot and burned her paws. 

So we are officially out of the contest and it sucks. I felt that we had a shot at being the most creative with the container. Oh well. 

We appreciate the opportunity to participate.

@Mariaface @Felicia @Christopher Marks

I-so-sad.jpg

• Sad 11

Sorry to see you are no longer in the contest but it's totally understandable.

Kittens are adorable but get into so much trouble. lol.

Not that the trouble stops when they are older? my 5yr old still goes after wires!

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/7/2018 at 4:07 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Did Dick find a good home?  I think he was my favorite part! :wub:

That was really the tipping point. After the last water change, not sure what happened, but I suspected that it went through yet another mini cycle. I had put prime in but it was probably too late. Dick died and basically after that I made up my mind. I ran it by Maria and she agreed the best thing would be to tear down. :(

• Sad 4

Aww Kat! I understand, no really, I took down my Pico too because my cat was digging out the rocks and flinging water everywhere and we have a foster cat going into the one room I could have locked her out of. Bengals love love love water! 

• Like 1