metrokat

The Girlfriend Pico: Getting Creative With Dongs...

This is slowly becoming my favorite build, due to how easy it must be to scrape the glass, seeing that yiu can remove it entirely and even work on you rockscape with no glass impeding your movement... i love it all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Got some snails from @johnmaloney. These are zigzag periwinkles. For size reference, that sand grain is Fiji Pink. 

rsz_snails.thumb.jpg.26756bdf8f90e1f7bb7ef09565959fd2.jpg

The description says: Eats Diatoms, Algae and Detritus on the rocks and glass in your tank. Extremely hardy under normal water conditions. This smaller snail only grows to about 2/5-3/5 of an inch.

The Zig Zag Periwinkles will consume algae, detritus and diatoms on your aquarium's glass and rocks. They are small, growing to a size of only about a 3/5 of an inch at most. They should only be kept in a tank with a lid, as they have a habit of staying just above the water line. <---- true

We have found them to be extremely hardy, the hardiest aquarium species that we know of, and an excellent addition to the aquarium that focuses on diversity.However, they are very small, and have little impact on algae. They are very good for certain applications so we keep them, and they make a good feeding species for mantis shrimp since they spend most of their time out of reach of the shrimp, allowing the aquarist to feed their mantis easily. 

I had some of those! Sadly they did not live long. :(

And then there were 2. Mushrooms that is. 

mushroom.thumb.jpg.9299f14ebe6e270d302f73527dfedcbd.jpg

• Like 8

Hi!  Just a reminder to please pm me your November full tank shot (FTS) along with a link to your build thread by the end of the day on November 30th.