ReefCleaners.org

The Girlfriend Pico: Getting Creative With Dongs...

metrokat

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Imagine if the tank was like an upside down wineglass without the base- so that it tapered to a airline tubing connection at the top. So all the bubbles would go to that top, and then an aqualifter or BRS Drew’s Doser could be on 24/7 to keep the system “primed”. 

An upright overflow? Omg. Water is sucked out of the top and goes to the bottom section. Imagine that. Crazy! 

I think that might constitute as a closed loop system, which is not allowed?  *Shrug*

23 minutes ago, Orangutran said:

I think that might constitute as a closed loop system, which is not allowed?  *Shrug*

I wasn’t talking about the contest. I mean a tank that is filtered via water taken UP out of the top :o 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Imagine if the tank was like an upside down wineglass without the base- so that it tapered to a airline tubing connection at the top. So all the bubbles would go to that top, and then an aqualifter or BRS Drew’s Doser could be on 24/7 to keep the system “primed”. 

An upright overflow? Omg. Water is sucked out of the top and goes to the bottom section. Imagine that. Crazy! 

Been thinking along those lines lately. You aren't inside my head are you Harry?

• Haha 1
Just now, metrokat said:

Been thinking along those lines lately. You aren't inside my head are you Harry?

You get those plumbing ideas out of your head!

Unless it's for a future tank :P 

Or unless 'this keeps air out of my tank environment' doesn't count as plumbing for filtration? idk :unsure:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Im everywhere :o 

Sucky filter for the dong thingy? 

Ok I see you are using a teenydong, I'm so flattered :lol:

7 hours ago, Mariaface said:

And after much debate over the dongs in @metrokat's tank and how we could place them (then corals to make the Chosen Dongs pretty!) we arrived at this masterpiece! We've got a teeny dong, some multi ended dongs, some chunky ones...

On 10/16/2017 at 4:30 PM, Mariaface said:

Ding Dongs before Ho Hos? 

Best. Post. Ever. 

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

It's very cool. Like I just said in another thread, coraline algae could be a real issue for many of us in these round tanks. This one seems like it could be especially challenging if it grows coraline. 

• Like 1
On 10/28/2017 at 12:47 AM, teenyreef said:

Ok I see you are using a teenydong, I'm so flattered :lol:

Best. Post. Ever. 

Hehehehhe

On 10/27/2017 at 8:50 PM, HarryPotter said:

Im everywhere :o 

Sucky filter for the dong thingy? 

Yup. Maria and I played with that idea yesterday... :ninja:

On 10/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, duderubble said:

It's very cool. Like I just said in another thread, coraline algae could be a real issue for many of us in these round tanks. This one seems like it could be especially challenging if it grows coraline. 

Good point. We have a mini magnet cleaner at the ready inside the dome.

(This project reminds me so much of that stupid CBS show Under the Dome or the Dome whatever it was called.)

• Like 1
ChristopherDido

I just read all 7 pages of this... Crap I'm beat :-) eh, it's for fun with us anyway. We're newbs to this reef thing, so really I'm looking at it as an experiment to learn more and more. 

Love this container! Great job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, metrokat said:

Good point. We have a mini magnet cleaner at the ready inside the dome.

(This project reminds me so much of that stupid CBS show Under the Dome or the Dome whatever it was called.)

Loved the first few episodes...maybe a season and then it just got.....weird.  Alien eggs and crap.  WTH?  

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

Loved the first few episodes...maybe a season and then it just got.....weird.  Alien eggs and crap.  WTH?  

Right? It was just stupid after the first season.

47 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Incredible! :o

:) Thank you.

2 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

'cause the giant undestroyable dome appearing out of nowhere was plausible at first? ;)

• Haha 2

So many pointy dongs everywhere. It's the bird on top that really does it for me though. This is really awesome, and I agree that the high contrast yellows and greens really make you stand up and take notice. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, metrokat said:

Ta da. FTS.

rsz_picoblue.thumb.jpg.a9b1116bc7e8473dfe653063d1502bbd.jpg

I didn't realize from this angle it looks like a monster dong. @Mariaface :o 

Looks great!  That is one massive looking dong in there :o.  The "zoas" need trimming...looking kinda bushy.  OMG...you guys have ruined my pure image of this lovely reef jar/dome :lol:.

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, seabass said:

This thread needs a

Image result for game m lable esrb
sticker on the first post.  :lol:

We are aiming for the ban stick. :lol:

6 hours ago, gena said:

Looks great!  That is one massive looking dong in there :o.  The "zoas" need trimming...looking kinda bushy.  OMG...you guys have ruined my pure image of this lovely reef jar/dome :lol:.

GENA! So naughty!

On 10/30/2017 at 11:26 AM, jahnje said:

So many pointy dongs everywhere. It's the bird on top that really does it for me though. This is really awesome, and I agree that the high contrast yellows and greens really make you stand up and take notice. ;)

Chicks and Dicks. :o

Ban Stick! omgomgomg

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1