ReefCleaners.org

The Girlfriend Pico: Getting Creative With Dongs...

metrokat

3 minutes ago, metrokat said:

For light, we are still talking about this - seems the PAR bulbs will be a total overkill for this less than 1 g setup. 

I mean your only real choices are going to be between those and the old screw in PC bulbs. 

1 hour ago, Boggers said:

Nice find, I know I have seen ones that are one white/two blue but would take me a bit to locate again.

That would be better.

Love it.  Did you think about doing anything that would let water free fall over the dome like a 360 waterfall? Just thought it looked like some garden fountains I have seen like that.  Def would probably be too much movement.  But I am just wondering if you guys played with that idea.

30 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Love it.  Did you think about doing anything that would let water free fall over the dome like a 360 waterfall? Just thought it looked like some garden fountains I have seen like that.  Def would probably be too much movement.  But I am just wondering if you guys played with that idea.

Unfortunately, making this work would've made the physics a little complicated - the pump would need direct tubing up to the top of the dome (otherwise flow out of the top would be hard to control), and the water inside the dome wouldn't get a ton of flow like it does now. ....plus evaporation. 

But it'd be pretty!!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Mariaface said:

Unfortunately, making this work would've made the physics a little complicated - the pump would need direct tubing up to the top of the dome (otherwise flow out of the top would be hard to control), and the water inside the dome wouldn't get a ton of flow like it does now. ....plus evaporation. 

But it'd be pretty!!

We 'could' try it with a 2-way splitter on the pump? :D

• Like 2
Just now, metrokat said:

We 'could' try it with a 2-way splitter on the pump? :D

:P What happens when we've drilled into the top this close to the deadline and it doesn't work!!

(I'm a scaredycat, not a Kool Kat)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top down :D

pico2.thumb.jpg.5e798eaf90ad8841e6831ef412d59f05.jpg

12 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Very cool set up! Can't wait to see more.

There are some par30 bulbs that are between 5-15w on Amazon that probably would work on your set up

Thanks, I saw some bulbs but Benny says they are all blue light, none of them are really white and blue.

13 hours ago, Lypto said:

I'm having this image of a mangrove with it's roots wrapped around dome with corals growing inside

Hmmmm!

16 hours ago, DAP said:

Very cool!

Thanks

• Like 6
fishfreak0114

This is the bulb I ordered.  I haven't received it yet, but it looks like it'll be white enough.  I'm sure it'd be too strong for this little tank of dongs, but maybe you could tape over some of the LED's?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/E27-LED-Full-Spectrum-Coral-Reef-Plant-Grow-Light-PAR38-PAR30-Fish-Tank-Aquarium-/292207851134?var=&hash=item4408f1f67e:m:mSlN4W588ku9jHKwxx33pfA

• Like 1

Wow! When I initially saw this container, I did not realize the inside was hollow and would allow for water! So cool, guys.

I also have a pretty good idea of how you got the water up there ;) but I am excited to see your maintenance post and all the deets. Definitely one of the coolest and most original containers. Up there with the upside down reef. All the rest of us are playing tee ball

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1