Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Girlfriend Pico: Getting Creative With Dongs...

metrokat

35 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I mentioned we were playing with physics, right? :P There were so many high fives when we (mostly @metrokat, the genius) got it into place and filled it to the top with magic!

Here it is, The Girlfriend Pico! In Its 'Just Set Up' Cloudy Glory! With Dongs! (Little dongs. Dongs that can fit in a pico container, you know?) 

CIWNPE8.jpg

Don't worry, we thought ahead - the teeny glass cleaner is on the other side!

Of Note:

- Powerheads are serious business! There's a ton of flow in the middle - lots more than you saw in the duster video above.

- There's a method to the madness magic, and we're saving it for our Pico Maintenance post! 

- The 'Top View' looks like a snowglobe and a salsa sombrero got spliced together :P 

- We're working on lighting setups, and whether or not to have one! That may depend on livestock... :ninja:

Girl - you write the best posts.

Also. There is hair on the dong..... :unsure:

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, metrokat said:

Girl - you write the best posts.

Also. There is hair on the dong..... :unsure:

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

:blush:

Also, we gotta have dong variety! You can't discriminate against hairy--okay, too far.  :lol:

I'm sure the diligent snail(s) will do their job! We have six months! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

:blush:

Also, we gotta have dong variety! You can't discriminate against hairy--okay, too far.  :lol:

I'm sure the diligent snail(s) will do their job! We have six months! :P 

Temperature finally went below 80.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mariaface said:

I mentioned we were playing with physics, right? :P There were so many high fives when we (mostly @metrokat, the genius) got it into place and filled it to the top with magic!

Here it is, The Girlfriend Pico! In Its 'Just Set Up' Cloudy Glory! With Dongs! (Little dongs. Dongs that can fit in a pico container, you know?) 

CIWNPE8.jpg

Don't worry, we thought ahead - the teeny glass cleaner is on the other side!

Of Note:

- Powerheads are serious business! There's a ton of flow in the middle - lots more than you saw in the duster video above.

- There's a method to the madness magic, and we're saving it for our Pico Maintenance post! 

- The 'Top View' looks like a snowglobe and a salsa sombrero got spliced together :P 

- We're working on lighting setups, and whether or not to have one! That may depend on livestock... :ninja:

It's soooo sciencey :D.  It looks really cool but all I see are dongs when I look at it.  Like 3 of them.  And the hairy is just too much LMAO.

• Haha 4

Gahhh!!  its too cool! I wonder what scuba diving inside a giant one would feel like... the pressure might be different? ugh, now I have to do math...

So I think the pressure would be the same if the container did not have an opening at the bottom as the top is closed, but if the seal is ever broken, watch out for spills!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

O my, when I saw kat and mariaface were in the contest and they already had 3 pages on their thread, I knew I had to read it and catch up.  All I can say is WOW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can we get some more deets? I assume you’ll be draining it to add coral or do anything else? Is the rock held together if you do drain so you don’t lose your shape? What are you using to hold the inner globe up?

• Thanks 1

Nobody panic! :lol:

We have deets, it has been interesting.

Thank you to everyone for their enthusiasm. This little setup already has many challenges but it will be quite interesting to see how we can handle husbandry with so many limitations. I'm already thinking that we need a bigger cloche/dome. Not for water volume, but more because if we want corals, the limitations of the light we are allowed would fry anything in this little setup. I guess it would have to be mounted pretty high up - currently the pico sits on my kitchen counter.

• Like 8
Christopher Marks

This is such a neat concept! I wonder where you might find a larger dome and base, have you been hunting online? Now that the powerhead is in there I have a better sense of the scale! :o

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

This is such a neat concept! I wonder where you might find a larger dome and base, have you been hunting online? Now that the powerhead is in there I have a better sense of the scale! :o

Yes I found a larger dome, the diameter is the same but it is taller. I'm going to have to try it out. Hey @Mariaface when are you coming over?

• Like 1