Cultivated Reef

Help! - Aiptasia on my Frogspawn?

frank_aaron

Help - Are these things on the base of my frogspawn Aiptasia? If so how can I get rid of them without hurting the frogspawn?! Any help is appreciated. 

IMG_1177.thumb.jpeg.9588e94df5fa5e81dba7cc49f3d305ed.jpegIMG_1162.thumb.jpg.c272918c38bd872fec91a1ab0bd1df16.jpgIMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.6cbe77e19817b29ef9cbb6198a9297cd.jpeg

I cant really think of anything else it could be, since it looks brown and like an aiptasia. I would get rid of it if you could, especially while small, I've been lucky enough with aiptasia to only pop up where i can easily take it out of the tank to die from drying up.

• Like 1

Sorry, can't really tell from the pics.  But it seems possible, even likely.  Peppermint Shrimp or Aiptasia-X are probably the two most widely used approaches.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I didn't want to chance it so I superglued over each of them. Going to keep a diligent eye on them to make sure they don't pop up elsewhere. 

• Like 2

If you ever have aiptasia you can't reach, just get a peppermint shrimp.

My tank was infested with it in the beginning from the liverock I bought, talking hundreds, so I went and got one. After a week, not a single aiptasia was found.