Coral Vue Hydros

Glove Polyp Help!!

tlford555

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my glove polyp. It's been dieing for over a month, is it not getting enough light? It looks like it has brown algae on it.  Can I save it?

IMG_2522.JPG

Weird that they are dying from the base and the polyps are still out. I did some quick research (because I just got some to) and they are sensitive to any algae growing on them. Depending on the source, some wild glove polyps don't do well in home aquariums. 

They also like medium to high lighting and moderate non-laminar flow. 

So, I agree with @Minmay on moving them higher for light and somewhere with more flow. If you can keep the algae under control, maybe they will bounce back. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Weird that they are dying from the base and the polyps are still out. I did some quick research (because I just got some to) and they are sensitive to any algae growing on them. Depending on the source, some wild glove polyps don't do well in home aquariums. 

They also like medium to high lighting and moderate non-laminar flow. 

So, I agree with @Minmay on moving them higher for light and somewhere with more flow. If you can keep the algae under control, maybe they will bounce back. 

What type of clove polyps do you have @SaltyBuddha ? I have daisy and the tri-color kind. Also these cloves spread fast. Can get really invasive if you dont watch it. Mine grew really fast and luckily I was able to trade with Weetie. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tlford555 said:

Thanks for the info, I moved them. Hope they make it

Good luck. I hope they make it too. Try and blow off the algae off them with a turkey baster if you havent done so alrdy.