ReefCleaners.org

DudeRubble's Test Tube of Rubble, a Creative Container Contest entry

duderubble

All frags seem to be doing well. Birdsnest is still a little retracted. I thought I'd show it without the gel filter today. 

20171108_174606.jpg

And with the filter. 

20171108_174625.jpg

• Like 4

I turned off the pump to get this video of the xenia pulsing. This is the first xenia I've ever had because I've been worried about it's invasiveness. I'm not really worried about that with this little tank. It's silly how exited I am to see it pulse, lol. 

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

So many corals!  It's looking great. I love the pulsing Xenia, after seeing that video I'm contemplating adding some to mine. I've always wanted Xenia. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, duderubble said:

I turned off the pump to get this video of the xenia pulsing. This is the first xenia I've ever had because I've been worried about it's invasiveness. I'm not really worried about that with this little tank. It's silly how exited I am to see it pulse, lol. 

I also love pulsing xenia.  I added some to my pico jar.  I put it near the top so there are not as many places for it to claim.  It tends to want to go up rather than down.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, vlangel said:

It tends to want to go up rather than down.

Except when a piece breaks off; then you don't know where it will attach.  I'm not knocking it; I like it too.  However, I wish it were easier to contain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, duderubble said:

That's why I've never had it. I figure if the Pico turns into a xenia garden, it's not that big of a deal. 

@WV Reefer found xenia outcompeted aiptasia in her little creep pico! :lol:

• Like 2

Water change yesterday. Yes with dechlorinated tap (oh the humanity!). I can get about 90%. Today I noticed the first real accumulation of stuff on the tank walls. 

Going to a family funeral tonight and tomorrow.  So I'll be leaving it alone for over 24 hrs. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, duderubble said:

Water change yesterday. Yes with dechlorinated tap (oh the humanity!). I can get about 90%. Today I noticed the first real accumulation of stuff on the tank walls. 

Going to a family funeral tonight and tomorrow.  So I'll be leaving it alone for over 24 hrs. 

Sorry for your loss, tap water is scandalous! ;)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, duderubble said:

My wife's grandmother who was 95. Sad but it was time.  She had been pretty out of it for awhile. 

My grandpas have alzheimer's and it sucks.

• Sad 3
On 11/9/2017 at 2:46 PM, duderubble said:

That's why I've never had it. I figure if the Pico turns into a xenia garden, it's not that big of a deal. 

Haha.... that's what I said about my 'fuge.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, duderubble said:

I used tap water with a declorinator for over 15 years. I never had a problem.  I only switched to RO/DI a couple of years ago because the seahorses are so dirty and now that our water company adds chloramines, all the phosphates with seahorse wastes was going to make controlling algae more difficult.  

I never make absolute statements regarding reefing and marine fish.  What works for some is not right for others.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I never make absolute statements regarding reefing and marine fish.  What works for some is not right for others.

Are you absolutely sure about that? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 6