SaltCritters.com

DudeRubble's Test Tube of Rubble, a Creative Container Contest entry

duderubble

Magnets are secured with 5 minute epoxy. Im hoping they are strong enough.  It won't be Salty Buddha's floating islands but maybe it will still be pretty cool. Epoxy is setting now.

Next will be the sealing of the bottom hole. Wish me luck. I had lots of ideas but I think I'm down to lots of silicone, lol. 

• Like 2

So the bad news is that the magnets may not be strong enough. However it may just be that they need some friction to keep from sliding. I will attempt to provide friction with silicone before I order larger magnets. 

Any ideas where one could buy appropriate magnets without waiting for delivery? 

So pretty much just a gob of silicone. I didn't think about how he'd it would be to do that at the bottom of  the rank with the heater and pump in the way. Now the wait for the silicone to set before the water test. I'm thinking about doing a second glob on the bottom after the first sets. 

Pray for me people. 

20171027_125734.jpg

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, duderubble said:

20171027_125742.jpg

Looks like things are coming along great!

As for the magnets, I have the rock mag Jr in my 10g. At first it is very weak to hold itself up. But after a few weeks the thing is darn near fused to the tank.

Also, that stand = sexy times!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the big glob of silicone is going to take several days to cure. I guess I'm dead in the water until next weekend. I guess I can figure out a light fixture. Everything I like is more than I want to spend. 

Just fragged several corals from my 25 lagoon for the Pico. Pics when they aren't mad at me anymore. I am hoping for a couple more montis some colorful zoas, yellow polyps, blue clove and my first zenia ever. 

*fun fact: autocorrect thinks zenia should be penis.  Maybe it's the whole pulsing thing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Note that the pump and heater are largely obscured by the base rock. It call this a barebottom but I think bottomless is more accurate.20171031_095707.thumb.jpg.49dfbcf5b4ec20cf8b7056ceaef01865.jpg

Here you can see the works. Note that the light is also mounted. I can't get the height I need otherwise. But i also love this clean look. Not bad for a $15 light. 

20171031_103332.jpg

• Like 5

And the whole front. I need wire clamp downs. Wet today I think. 

And the whole front. I need wire clamp downs. Wet today I think. 

20171031_103320.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1