Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Upside Down Pico Reef - A very Pico Christmas!

TFish77

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 8:37 PM, Moolelo said:

super stoked to see how corals grow upside down! Similar to corals that grow under overhangs (but those are usually non-photosynthetic)

I know me too. So far though nothing seems to be negatively impacted at all. I really thought stuff would react a lot more to being upside down but so far so good (famous last words :lol:)

• Like 3

So on a sorta related note this contest has really gotten me back into picos. Soooooo guess what some of my friends are getting for Christmas :D:D

I wouldn't be mean and set them up with reefs so they will be ultra low maintenance planted picos. Bonus you can see the reflection of the pico jar in one of the pictures! 

yEYJKwi.jpg

HfVCQw7.jpg

D8OtlaI.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Awesome presents!  Are any of them aquarium owners already?

All but one. Most of them have larger reefs but they have all expressed interest over the last year about having a simple small tank for their offices. I did a similar one a few months ago for my girlfriend which turned out really well so I figured I would try again. 

gvV2b7o.jpg

9IgQWU9.jpg

EPtkttC.jpg

• Like 8

Whaaaat!! Planted picos for christmas?! Come here and be my friend :angry:

Kidding (kinda)! The upside down corals are looking gorgeous! Very well done, and very pretty cherry shrimp! 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...