Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dpolt's 42 Gallon Caribbean and Pacific Islands Mixed Reef

dpoltsdsu

Here is a picture of my absolutely beautiful Yuma Ricordea from Indonesia I required a couple of months ago. It seems to be doing well. It's one of the most stunning corals I have ever seen. It's has very bright Orange tips with a blue base to it.

Screenshot_20171025-185504.png

• Like 4

Really happy with how this reef is turning out. The Acros I have seem to be doing really well so that is a great sign for the tank. Looking forward to adding some more Acro frags in the next couple of weeks.

Screenshot_20171031-162900.png

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Green Fuzzy Mushrooms in the bottom left of the reef have spread quite a bit over the last couple of months. They are the host of my pair of Clownfish as well and they are always peaking their heads out from under the mushrooms throughout the day 

Screenshot_20180101-170406.png

• Like 3

Great setup.  Love the Cadlights, used to have one back in the day.  Awesome job on coral placement too.  Everything looks balanced and gorgeous.  What do you think of the A160WEs with controller?  I'm about to setup a 30 x 20 x 16 soon and was thinking of the same light setup or just going with the A360s.  Would rather save the $$$$ for more corals though lol.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, DCUEVAS74 said:

Great setup.  Love the Cadlights, used to have one back in the day.  Awesome job on coral placement too.  Everything looks balanced and gorgeous.  What do you think of the A160WEs with controller?  I'm about to setup a 30 x 20 x 16 soon and was thinking of the same light setup or just going with the A360s.  Would rather save the $$$$ for more corals though lol.

I appreciate the kind words!

I've been happy with the lights so far. I am getting decent growth. Not crazy fast, but not super slow either. The shimmer is beautiful. They aren't ridiculously bright so if you're doing a lot of SPS id probably go the A360 route. If you're doing a little bit of SPS at the top and have LPS and softies, these should do the job. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Half-stripe, my 5 year old clownfish. He has half a stripe on one side (hence his name). I rescued him from an algae and ich infested tank years ago and he has been a happy and healthy fish ever since! 

20180120_080925.jpg

• Like 5
Indiana Reefin

Really nice tank!! I debated on getting th Cadlights 42 gallon recently, I actually had it in my shopping cart lol. But I decided to wait and build a large reef tank after we build our home in 3-4 years. I just went with a 29 gallon tank from the $1 per gallon sale. Pretty pleased with it so far.

i totally agree on the toadstool. One of my favorite corals!! 

• Like 1