Boggers

Boggers CC contest tank

I have a local frag swap this weekend so this thing is going to have some major changes coming up. I also want to create a better stand and if I can pull it off, it will be very different.

• Like 4

Awesome tank! And hands down THE best condiment :P 

Hmm what could these be for?

IMG_20171021_232228.jpg

Just glued down so a bit mad still.

IMG_20171021_231154802_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171021_231504.jpg

IMG_20171021_231327349_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

I thought about using a spigot just like that, but I wanted to put too much through it (heater cord, temp probe, and air line tube).  I even bought a replacement plug for my heater as I was going to cut off the plug to fit it through the hole.  But I went another way with it.

I really like how this came out for you.  Nice looking build!

On 10/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, Mariaface said:

Awesome tank! And hands down THE best condiment :P 

7 hours ago, seabass said:

I thought about using a spigot just like that, but I wanted to put too much through it (heater cord, temp probe, and air line tube).  I even bought a replacement plug for my heater as I was going to cut off the plug to fit it through the hole.  But I went another way with it.

I really like how this came out for you.  Nice looking build!

Thanks

I plan to use the dosing containers for mixed saltwater and RO water for top off. This way I will have my top off ready to go whenever I need it, and have saltwater mixing at all times. I know if I do not do that, I am less likely to change it as often as I should.

I also plan to build a stand and I got nowhere this weekend on that front. 

• Like 4

Well first water change done, and I can say only changing a gallon of water was kinda nice. There was only a little bit of water left in the tank when I stopped. 

I think I need to find a few more coral next week.

• Like 3

Just walk up, take a cup, and calmly proceed to take a drink...

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, Boggers said:

Well first water change done, and I can say only changing a gallon of water was kinda nice. There was only a little bit of water left in the tank when I stopped. 

I think I need to find a few more coral next week.

It seems all kinds of wrong to remove all the water, doesn't it?  Maybe that's just me LOL.  It's kinda fun to do a water change on these :).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gena said:

It seems all kinds of wrong to remove all the water, doesn't it?  Maybe that's just me LOL.  It's kinda fun to do a water change on these :).

Totally agree on both. going all the way down to no water is a little odd feeling, but let me re-position a few things that were bugging me as well.

I think the hardest part for me is telling if the light is too bright and I need to raise it up. The birds nest looks a little pale but that is the only one. I turned the light so it wasn't directed at it as much and raised it up some. I figured most SPS like the tanning bed experience once they get cozy.

• Like 1

Let me put a few more pics up. I lost the birdsnest and added some zoas and an SPS frag.