ReefCleaners.org

Old Man Sea's Shallow Reef Creative Contest Pico Tank - FTS 2018 - Mangroves have leaves; Green Banded Gobies

OldManSea

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, seabass said:

This is one of my favorite entries.  Good job.

Thanks!  This was quite a learning experience.  I have many ideas for pico tanks.  I may do one or two more at some point.  It is amazing how well this tank has done.  Really no problems at all so far.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, OldManSea said:

I have many ideas for pico tanks.

Haha. :lol:  I was thinking the same thing (maybe I'll setup another).  I like my pico, but would probably do something completely different if I were to do it again.

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Haha. :lol:  I was thinking the same thing (maybe I'll setup another).  I like my pico, but would probably do something completely different if I were to do it again.

Yes, there so many ways to go.  There are many tiny creatures I like.  Several pico tanks could showcase many.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2017 at 12:47 AM, OldManSea said:

:

5a17aae809b6a_Bowlclose2017Nov23.thumb.jpg.51efb4bbef9b385fc592f9686e5fe041.jpg

This is so gorgeous! I am wondering, what are those three corals? The colors are stunning! I want to add those to my tank ASAP! That little area in general is just so beautiful! Great job!!

5F716622-3868-4C96-BD79-7D8D1E56C356.jpeg

8 hours ago, Hannahhhh said:

5F716622-3868-4C96-BD79-7D8D1E56C356.jpeg

Thank you for your comment.  The one on top is a zoanthid - Radioactive Dragon Eyes.  It is very common and fast growing.  The other two are Ricordea floridae.  Both are common colors so you should find them readily.  These are all very hardy and expand readily.  The yellow ricordea in the lower left is in the process of dividing and the four on the rock at lower right started out as a single individual.