Innovative Marine Aquariums

Code Blue Pico - End of Contest Update

Merthynia

My entry into the Creative Container Contest. :)

Container: 2 gallon bowl/vase from Tuesday Morning $9

Light: 14W PAR30 LED 18K Vibrance Reef Light from Coral Compulsion $59.99 

Flow: Hydor Koralia Nano 240 

Heater: Archaea Mini Aquarium Heater (25W) Ultra Slim from Aqua Forest Aquarium $28.99

ATO: AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro - $0 I had this on hand.

Coral: Sunny D's Frag

Unnamed Acan Frag

Unnamed Zoa Frag x3

Yellow polyps

Campfire Zoa Frag

Green and blue spotted mushroom x 4

Merletti x 2

Trumpet Frag

Small Hammer Frag

Small Leather Frag

Photosynthetic Sponge

Livestock: Blue legged Hermit crab

Tiny peppermint shrimp

Snail x1

Tiny Brittle Star

Tiny Feather Duster

Tiny Bristle Worms x lots

Full Bowl Photo:

03/31/18

39338359040_8b4978e568_z.jpg

02/25/18

39591986355_e605a54a57_z.jpg

01/30/18

39962966042_dc137b0d9a_z.jpg

12/31/17

27663020499_e3d06293e6_z.jpg

11/28/17

37825452195_21f1fae138_z.jpg

10/7/17

37324437480_8ef55c7114_z.jpg

• Like 9

37551023272_814fc38cfe_z.jpg

Here is the required condiment picture. Styx was helping me inspect the tank.

This container is two gallons filled to about an inch below the rim. I will not have it quite that full while running.

37324437490_abd7640307_z.jpg

One of the reasons I chose this particular container was the interesting glasswork. I am hopeful that it will make the contents interesting to look at. I'm sure it will make taking pictures challenging at the very least. :lol: I wanted to do something unique and even though it is just a vase/bowl, it isn't smooth-sided which could be an advantage/disadvantage. (My cool ideas were taken before I could get my hands on the containers) :lol: 

37583027061_9000bb8eba_z.jpg

Here is the current rockwork. I will be running this with a small amount of sand to help stabilize the rockwork. I do not want to come home to a broken container and water on the ground. I may add a few more pieces of rubble to build up the height of the structure before I'm done.

11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Yeah, you are joining the fun!

Yes! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I've never entered a contest on here before so I'm pretty excited. :)

• Like 6

What a pretty bowl!  Tuesday Morning here closed a while back. :(  I'm the same with never having entered a contest in all these years so I am looking forward to it!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

What a pretty bowl!  Tuesday Morning here closed a while back. :(  I'm the same with never having entered a contest in all these years so I am looking forward to it!

Thank you! This is the first Tuesday Morning I have been into. They sure have a LOT of random stuff in there! Do you have lots of plans for your contest pico?

34 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Thank you! This is the first Tuesday Morning I have been into. They sure have a LOT of random stuff in there! Do you have lots of plans for your contest pico?

At the moment, rock, sand and water. :lol: I have a few ideas I'm bouncing around but nothing concrete yet.  At least I have a bunch of frags to pick from for initial stocking. :lol:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

At the moment, rock, sand and water. :lol: I have a few ideas I'm bouncing around but nothing concrete yet.  At least I have a bunch of frags to pick from for initial stocking. :lol:

I hear you. I don't even have my rockwork completely figured out yet. I want a little more height in the tank but I'm not sure how to get that yet. I don't want to worry about it topping over either! :lol: I have a few things that I can frag out of my IM10, but not a ton. I need to go searching for some tiny frags.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

I hear you. I don't even have my rockwork completely figured out yet. I want a little more height in the tank but I'm not sure how to get that yet. I don't want to worry about it topping over either! :lol: I have a few things that I can frag out of my IM10, but not a ton. I need to go searching for some tiny frags.

Yup, I got lucky finding an amazing, affordable LFS only an hour away so I can actually go on occasion.  They even have a $5 frag section!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yup, I got lucky finding an amazing, affordable LFS only an hour away so I can actually go on occasion.  They even have a $5 frag section!

That's awesome! I have one that is fairly closeish (20 minutes), they are so-so. The friendliest one I've found is about 45 minutes straight south through the city. I'll have to make a trip down there in a few weeks to see what kinds of odd-n-ends corals I can find. :) They were pretty awesome last time about me grabbing a bunch of loose coral from the bottom of the frag tanks.

• Like 2
GunslingerGirl
12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Want to send me some of those $5 frags? Lol my LFS sucks the life out of your wallet. :/

I love this little bowl! For height can I recommend a PVC pipe with rubble glued on it? It'll look like rock... But it'll be more stable!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Want to send me some of those $5 frags? Lol my LFS sucks the life out of your wallet. :/

I love this little bowl! For height can I recommend a PVC pipe with rubble glued on it? It'll look like rock... But it'll be more stable!

Haha it's mostly GSP and rhodactis shrooms but still...they do have good prices, unlike a lot of stores I've been to.

9 hours ago, kimberbee said:

So cute! Good luck... but not too much ;)

Haha, thanks Kimber! I need some of those great Chicago stores down here!

8 hours ago, gena said:

What a great bowl omgomgomg

Awh thanks! :blush:

8 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Thank you!! :D I'll have to play around with it a bit!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

I could not figure out how to attach it as a PM. So here you go. As you can tell, I'm certainly not a graphic designer. I hope it turns out great!

Possum Wrasse.jpg

Cute!

11 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

I could not figure out how to attach it as a PM. So here you go. As you can tell, I'm certainly not a graphic designer. I hope it turns out great!

Possum Wrasse.jpg

Thank you!

9 hours ago, gena said:

Cute!

:ninja:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I feel so behind cause my tank still sits empty. I've spent all week watching YouTube videos!! :rolleyes:

Mine was empty until today. ;)

• Like 1
fishfreak0114
13 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I feel so behind cause my tank still sits empty. I've spent all week watching YouTube videos!! :rolleyes:

I don't even have a container yet:unsure:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

37954818561_d9eec4b5ef_z.jpg

Light installed over the tank.

37954819951_43e4889854_z.jpg

Everything looks so big in such a small space!

37901488086_b4ecc5b805_z.jpg

Acans

37245698854_57b1d6ff32_z.jpg

Acans and Sunny D's, got these from a sale one of the LFS was having.

24103939868_f30593dc03_z.jpg

Couple more zoa frags obtained from the same sale!

26179312879_d318749a8f_z.jpg

Almost Halloween!

• Like 3