inTank Media Baskets

10ppm nitrates

Lugmos12

13 hours ago, calvin said:

10ppm is no big deal

really? i get paranoid. My params are usually okay (even with the RSCP salt) so i haven't tested on a routine basis. I got paranoid when I saw they were 10ppm :haha:

Thrassian Atoll

10 is fine.  Some people prefer 10, growth and color wise, with their corals.  All tanks are different though.   

What do you strive to keep your nitrates and phosphates at?  

5 minutes ago, TILTON said:

10 is fine.  Some people prefer 10, growth and color wise, with their corals.  All tanks are different though.   

What do you strive to keep your nitrates and phosphates at?  

I was under the impression I should keep them at 0. 

Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, Lugmos12 said:

I was under the impression I should keep them at 0. 

Nitrates under 5 is good and phosphates at .02-.03 is good.  Some people prefer high nitrates with low phosphates still.  You want some nutrients.  Using rscp, you definitely do not want to be at 0 for both as I am guessing your alk is really high.  Ultra low nutrients with high alk can cause burnt tips on sps and stn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, TILTON said:

Nitrates under 5 is good and phosphates at .02-.03 is good.  Some people prefer high nitrates with low phosphates still.  You want some nutrients.  Using rscp, you definitely do not want to be at 0 for both as I am guessing your alk is really high.  Ultra low nutrients with high alk can cause burnt tips on sps and stn.

My alk was 9.3 last night

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...