inTank Media Baskets

Ty-ron and Precious' Crib- CC contest

GunslingerGirl

8 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Edit...pom still kicking. Poked it with a toothpick (blunted). Bought the oldest one so wasn't sure if he made it or not... 

Sexy still moving as far as I can tell. 

By pom you mean a pom pom crab?  I'm planning to get one of those as well :)

• Like 3
GunslingerGirl
12 hours ago, gena said:

By pom you mean a pom pom crab?  I'm planning to get one of those as well :)

Yes, Chester is almost an inch for his carapace. He a chunky guy. Hopefully he will warm up to the tank and come out eventually.

11 hours ago, Orangutran said:

Wanna know how many sexy shrimps I can shove into my 1 gallon jar as well!  Are you feeding your inverts?

I am. I broadcast fed the other day. I will hand feed them as they warm up to the tank.

I think having 3 is going to be my max. I'm not sure if it'll be overloading the tank technically. But I have a pretty good schedule of cleaning/maintenance.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Yes, Chester is almost an inch for his carapace. He a chunky guy. Hopefully he will warm up to the tank and come out eventually.

I am. I broadcast fed the other day. I will hand feed them as they warm up to the tank.

I think having 3 is going to be my max. I'm not sure if it'll be overloading the tank technically. But I have a pretty good schedule of cleaning/maintenance.

Does he still have pom poms?

GunslingerGirl
6 minutes ago, gena said:

Does he still have pom poms?

One. But it is pretty tiny. When I was at the LFS, there were only two with poms. He was the larger one. The remainders didn't have any. And there was one crab that only had one leg on one side of his body. I wanted to rescue him so badly. But they wouldn't bring his price down, so I couldn't afford it.

Just now, GunslingerGirl said:

One. But it is pretty tiny. When I was at the LFS, there were only two with poms. He was the larger one. The remainders didn't have any. And there was one crab that only had one leg on one side of his body. I wanted to rescue him so badly. But they wouldn't bring his price down, so I couldn't afford it.

Yeah, I asked because usually the older ones no longer have the poms.  But they will pick up other things.  I have an old one in my 10 (although I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now) and he grabs pieces of other coral and carries them around.  It's pretty neat. 

• Like 1
GunslingerGirl
3 minutes ago, gena said:

Yeah, I asked because usually the older ones no longer have the poms.  But they will pick up other things.  I have an old one in my 10 (although I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks now) and he grabs pieces of other coral and carries them around.  It's pretty neat. 

I actually pulled off a couple of magicians and stuck them next to his hole in case he felt like being fabulous. I had a little crab one time who used some micro zoas. But these seemed to fit his body better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
GunslingerGirl

YAY Betty found her safe space! She can now watch over the neighborhood like a hawk! And spread joy through cookies to all the little children. While simultaneously yelling at them to get off her front lawn... My grandma was weird.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
GunslingerGirl

I hate being home (I have the flu or something and a fever today... so I didn't feel well enough to go to school) but hey I get to watch the tanks!

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

I hate being home (I have the flu or something and a fever today... so I didn't feel well enough to go to school) but hey I get to watch the tanks!

There's always a bright side!  Feel better :happy:.

GunslingerGirl
1 hour ago, gena said:

There's always a bright side!  Feel better :happy:.

True. It lets me study for an exam I have Friday, but I also had to cancel a speaking engagement I had tomorrow.. because I have literally no voice. So that kind of bummed me out.

But then I look at Betty and I just smile.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

True. It lets me study for an exam I have Friday, but I also had to cancel a speaking engagement I had tomorrow.. because I have literally no voice. So that kind of bummed me out.

But then I look at Betty and I just smile.

Out of curiosity, what were you gonna talk about?

GunslingerGirl
1 hour ago, Orangutran said:

Out of curiosity, what were you gonna talk about?

I was talking to the university pre-vet club on the some of the finer points on getting into vet school. Where people should get experience, how much do they really need, how to write their entrance essays... Stuff like that. There was going to be a panel I was sitting on, but we all had stuff prepared to give little mini talks.

I really enjoy giving back to the community and fostering future veterinarians, so I am pretty bummed about being sick and having to miss it. But que sera sera.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
GunslingerGirl

When you look at your notifications and its just pic after pic of Spongebob lol @seabass

Husband left the heater off last night because I was roasting alive.... house dropped to 65..... But the tank stayed at 76. I wrap it every night now with a towel just in case. It also keeps the kitten from knocking the lid off, which I was more concerned with.

Thanks for the concern everybody! I had to put on my big girl pants and go to class today. We only go until noon today and tomorrow.. and I have an exam Friday.. so I really needed to get my butt in gear. No fever... so away I went.

• Like 6
GunslingerGirl
39 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am glad that you are feeling better and Betty is adorable!

I wouldn't say I'm feeling better lol but I had to go to class. I do pay 60K a year for this...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

I wouldn't say I'm feeling better lol but I had to go to class. I do pay 60K a year for this...

Yeah, I guess if you break it down into what each class cost, you just see $ going down the drain.  I guess I should say I am glad that you are functioning.

• Like 1
GunslingerGirl
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

Yeah, I guess if you break it down into what each class cost, you just see $ going down the drain.  I guess I should say I am glad that you are functioning.

Oh it's insane. lol Thanks! I hope I keep getting better.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
GunslingerGirl

UPDATE!

Damn the internet and cable company.

Ok so I have been without my internet for a solid... idk 3 weeks? Three weeks ago the apartment complex said that a (unrelated) internet company was coming in to work on the wires. Setting up fiber optics and all that. I thought.. well I don't have that company.. I wonder if they will come into our place. The answer is yes.

WELL that company messed up the other company's wires. To the point it took them three whole weeks to take apart my wall... dig out the wires and reinstall them. It's been so fun.

I am getting 3 months of free cable and internet out of this. My company is suing the other one. It's a blast.

Well I got my internet back yesterday. But the power went out from that giant storm... for 6 hours. I wasn't home. I couldn't get home because down trees blocked me into the parking lot and my dinky hyundai can't climb trees like my jeep. So the tanks went without the back-up in place.

I think everything is ok. I have a bloom of cyano this morning. Which I thought I had killed in the last few weeks of having nothing better to do than study and clean tanks.

I am going to try to keep my internet on from now on. As I write, it's so spotty I can't even upload a picture. They promised me it would be better by tomorrow as they essentially just bandaided it to give back minor improvements to everyone affected by this whole storm thing.

Everyone is alive as far as I know.. I never see Chester. Who knows about him.

OH killed a nudi that hitchhiked in on the mags. Second one. Fun times. No damage to frags that I can see.

Betty still shaking her little booty.

TLDR: don't be me. Life sucks. Tank should be ok.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 4
20 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

UPDATE!

Damn the internet and cable company.

Ok so I have been without my internet for a solid... idk 3 weeks? Three weeks ago the apartment complex said that a (unrelated) internet company was coming in to work on the wires. Setting up fiber optics and all that. I thought.. well I don't have that company.. I wonder if they will come into our place. The answer is yes.

WELL that company messed up the other company's wires. To the point it took them three whole weeks to take apart my wall... dig out the wires and reinstall them. It's been so fun.

I am getting 3 months of free cable and internet out of this. My company is suing the other one. It's a blast.

Well I got my internet back yesterday. But the power went out from that giant storm... for 6 hours. I wasn't home. I couldn't get home because down trees blocked me into the parking lot and my dinky hyundai can't climb trees like my jeep. So the tanks went without the back-up in place.

I think everything is ok. I have a bloom of cyano this morning. Which I thought I had killed in the last few weeks of having nothing better to do than study and clean tanks.

I am going to try to keep my internet on from now on. As I write, it's so spotty I can't even upload a picture. They promised me it would be better by tomorrow as they essentially just bandaided it to give back minor improvements to everyone affected by this whole storm thing.

Everyone is alive as far as I know.. I never see Chester. Who knows about him.

OH killed a nudi that hitchhiked in on the mags. Second one. Fun times. No damage to frags that I can see.

Betty still shaking her little booty.

TLDR: don't be me. Life sucks. Tank should be ok.

Wow, I bet your company was piiiiiissed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...