Coral Vue Hydros

Ty-ron and Precious' Crib- CC contest

GunslingerGirl

GunslingerGirl
3 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I love this build. You're hilarious!

It's not comedy... its just insanity. Lol My job and school are too serious. I reef for happiness.

But really, thank you everybody! I like creeping on all the builds and getting inspiration. You guys are all great. I really love this forum. Everywhere else people are more mean than helpful. And this forum is really something special.

• Like 9
16 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Pretty much lol

For anybody wondering.. the hermits are named after some old neighbors of mine. Precious would wander around the neighborhood screaming on her phone and Ty-ron would chase after her telling her to go in the house lol. Fun fact of the day for you all.

My hometown is weird. 

:lol:

I hope your little crabs live up to their names :D.

• Haha 2
GunslingerGirl
5 hours ago, gena said:

I hope your little crabs live up to their names :D.

LOL well they are on their way.

Blew detritus off the rock. Threw in a nerite. He's been munching on the dying stuff.

Husband said he would buy me fish things for a late wedding present!   omgomgomg  I guess I'll keep him.. after three weeks of marriage. lol

So now I'm trying to figure out how to spend his money. Because it isn't coming out of our account.. so I guess I'll pretend like it isn't my money too.

Debating between gorgs or zoa tree for this tank. Opinions, friends? DON'T YOU GO POINTING ME IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

LOL well they are on their way.

Blew detritus off the rock. Threw in a nerite. He's been munching on the dying stuff.

Husband said he would buy me fish things for a late wedding present!   omgomgomg  I guess I'll keep him.. after three weeks of marriage. lol

So now I'm trying to figure out how to spend his money. Because it isn't coming out of our account.. so I guess I'll pretend like it isn't my money too.

Debating between gorgs or zoa tree for this tank. Opinions, friends? DON'T YOU GO POINTING ME IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! lol

Glue the zoas to the gorgs? :P 

Wait...:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
GunslingerGirl

I figured out that was actually a 425. LOL

Got my last shipment I had coming. Now I have a rio 50 from Marine Depot in there and the ABI tuna blue light is on and staying on.

6 hours ago, gena said:

Go for zoas!  Wait...don't you have a ton of flow in this tank?  Sounds familiar.  I think you'd be ok with gorgs too.  Both?

I just switched it out but everything is still swaying pretty good.

16 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Glue the zoas to the gorgs? :P 

Wait...:huh:

YES!

I am going to Cleveland tomorrow. Might grab some corals from my old LFS and stick them in a cooler overnight. I think they would be ok for like 18 hrs in their bags if they put oxygen in the bags. I will see what they have :D

• Like 4
GunslingerGirl

I have growth in my mexicana caulerpa already!!!! I would take a pic for you all.. but I have to let the micro bubbles stop on the pump first. They kinda just keep going around and around.....

• Like 1
GunslingerGirl

Guys wait until you see what I found in Youngstown Ohio. There is this killer store that sells zoa rocks with yellow, orange, red .... you name it the color will probably be in there on one of the rocks for $20. Those rocks will have anywhere from 20 to 100 polyps them. If anybody is in the Ohio/Pennsylvania/New York area .... extreme Tropical Pets on South Avenue in Youngstown. Kate will hook you up.

Posts later with pics. I have to drive home now.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Guys wait until you see what I found in Youngstown Ohio. There is this killer store that sells zoa rocks with yellow, orange, red .... you name it the color will probably be in there on one of the rocks for $20. Those rocks will have anywhere from 20 to 100 polyps them. If anybody is in the Ohio/Pennsylvania/New York area .... extreme Tropical Pets on South Avenue in Youngstown. Kate will hook you up.

Posts later with pics. I have to drive home now.

Have a safe drive home! 

• Thanks 1
GunslingerGirl

The yellow ones come out as green in this but there's a small cluster of very bright yellow to the right. And the orange came out as red. It's a phone camera.. I'll break out the real camera later. 

I couldn't find a baby stomatella but they were wandering around the rock too. And lots of pods. So I made sure as many of those as I could catch went into the jar.

The zoas in the 25 aren't opening as nicely because Harry keeps walking on them. -_-20171015_125756.thumb.jpg.ba0639bc3194ad0377b6c5a6a2a9a93a.jpg

• Like 6
GunslingerGirl

image.png.011faf3bd2fe5b5c15d5113f6d736082.png

image.png.a4d8151eff1c8801dc715e67d2baa72b.png

Additions and Livestock update!

Alas the two have not found each other yet. There is also a giant pom pom hiding in the rock... not sure where. The SPS skeleton is so crevice-y it's hard to find things. Im thinking about naming the sexy Betty and the pom Chester. Chester was an old neighbor of ours who passed on a few years back. Biggest laugh imaginable. Just sat on his porch all day shouting across the way to my grandma Betty. She loved flashy glittery things, which I think a sexy shrimp embodies with their love of shiny anemones. (WHICH SHE NEEDS TO FIND!!!!)

Precious has decided it is HER job to clean up all the zoa frags. Has been knocking them down all day. I wasn't going to epoxy them in... but I think I will have to.

Ty-ron has been hiding I assume in the rock for the past few days. I unstuck him three days ago. If I don't see him tonight I will have to send in the search and rescue squad. (Le chopsticks of poking)

I may or may not has also found some magicians for ten dollars and had to buy them. I am really liking the "We threw a bunch of stuff in the yard and forgot about it" vibe I am getting from the scape.

Might have to soft cycle......I have a touch of cyano. I think from taking the rock from the other tank. (something died and I can't find it... grr)

Equipment news! Tank sits at 80 during the day with the light and all that. But drops to lowest of 74 at night. Debating a night heater. Might do the worlds smallest stick on heater I can find.

Macro news! Holy crap caulerpa growth. Doubled already. Trying to climb the rock. Going to prune later. Gracilaria is going bonkers. Nice bright red tips on it. Growing in a more leaf/flat manner than cylindrical. Maybe it wasn't actually gracilaria? Cactus caulerpa... no change. One sprout died so I removed it. Chaeto is just kinda... mushing at the top. Might need removed. Will have to shake out the pods. Or I'll keep it as hermit food.

Question section:

Should I get another sexy or two, or do you think that would push the bioload? I am planning 50% 5-7 day changes as is. Super nice because my pico is the same SG as the LFS, so if I feel particularly lazy I may just go grab 5 gallons and let that be my water for awhile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
GunslingerGirl

Potentially false alarm on temp... Husband did not turn on the heater. It was 67 in here. That's too cold for moi. And Ty-ron don't bust his balls down at the steel mill just to come home to a cold house. lol

Ohio temps are so weird. A few days back it was 80. Now its cool.

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Potentially false alarm on temp... Husband did not turn on the heater. It was 67 in here. That's too cold for moi. And Ty-ron don't bust his balls down at the steel mill just to come home to a cold house. lol

Ohio temps are so weird. A few days back it was 80. Now its cool.

Poor Ty-ron!

72 is my happy place as far as temps for me.  My jar is sitting at a constant 80 degrees.

It's supposed to be 95 degrees out today.  I'm so sick of A/C.  I want fall weather.

GunslingerGirl
47 minutes ago, gena said:

Poor Ty-ron!

72 is my happy place as far as temps for me.  My jar is sitting at a constant 80 degrees.

It's supposed to be 95 degrees out today.  I'm so sick of A/C.  I want fall weather.

Ohio is a roller coaster of temperatures.

I love fall. Cider and sweaters.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

image.png.011faf3bd2fe5b5c15d5113f6d736082.png

image.png.a4d8151eff1c8801dc715e67d2baa72b.png

Additions and Livestock update!

Alas the two have not found each other yet. There is also a giant pom pom hiding in the rock... not sure where. The SPS skeleton is so crevice-y it's hard to find things. Im thinking about naming the sexy Betty and the pom Chester. Chester was an old neighbor of ours who passed on a few years back. Biggest laugh imaginable. Just sat on his porch all day shouting across the way to my grandma Betty. She loved flashy glittery things, which I think a sexy shrimp embodies with their love of shiny anemones. (WHICH SHE NEEDS TO FIND!!!!)

Precious has decided it is HER job to clean up all the zoa frags. Has been knocking them down all day. I wasn't going to epoxy them in... but I think I will have to.

Ty-ron has been hiding I assume in the rock for the past few days. I unstuck him three days ago. If I don't see him tonight I will have to send in the search and rescue squad. (Le chopsticks of poking)

I may or may not has also found some magicians for ten dollars and had to buy them. I am really liking the "We threw a bunch of stuff in the yard and forgot about it" vibe I am getting from the scape.

Might have to soft cycle......I have a touch of cyano. I think from taking the rock from the other tank. (something died and I can't find it... grr)

Equipment news! Tank sits at 80 during the day with the light and all that. But drops to lowest of 74 at night. Debating a night heater. Might do the worlds smallest stick on heater I can find.

Macro news! Holy crap caulerpa growth. Doubled already. Trying to climb the rock. Going to prune later. Gracilaria is going bonkers. Nice bright red tips on it. Growing in a more leaf/flat manner than cylindrical. Maybe it wasn't actually gracilaria? Cactus caulerpa... no change. One sprout died so I removed it. Chaeto is just kinda... mushing at the top. Might need removed. Will have to shake out the pods. Or I'll keep it as hermit food.

Question section:

Should I get another sexy or two, or do you think that would push the bioload? I am planning 50% 5-7 day changes as is. Super nice because my pico is the same SG as the LFS, so if I feel particularly lazy I may just go grab 5 gallons and let that be my water for awhile.

So your yard is channeling a southern redneck in the country yard? :lol: We have neighbors whose carport is lined with kid's bikes and random assorted stuff, and the driveway and in front of the house are lined with stuff too lol.

GunslingerGirl
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

So your yard is channeling a southern redneck in the country yard? :lol: We have neighbors whose carport is lined with kid's bikes and random assorted stuff, and the driveway and in front of the house are lined with stuff too lol.

image.png.6a950702b879f634cb6c11dad0f1165b.png

This is a common view in backyards/lots in my hometown. If I was home I would take a picture of my neighbor's yard... with the dead tree (that is threatening to kill my family by falling on our house) and the random old pots and pans strewn in the backyard.. and the random beer bottles... and other questionable items. And then on the other side we have my British neighbors who have a 6 foot up step for their lot... and the rock wall is constantly falling down. So they filled it in with cement blocks. lol

So beautiful.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

image.png.6a950702b879f634cb6c11dad0f1165b.png

This is a common view in backyards/lots in my hometown. If I was home I would take a picture of my neighbor's yard... with the dead tree (that is threatening to kill my family by falling on our house) and the random old pots and pans strewn in the backyard.. and the random beer bottles... and other questionable items. And then on the other side we have my British neighbors who have a 6 foot up step for their lot... and the rock wall is constantly falling down. So they filled it in with cement blocks. lol

So beautiful.

Ahh so beautiful indeed. :lol: My grandpa's got junk in his yard but at least he contains it behind a 6 foot high fence behind the house!  I feel junky with my pot that has dead plants on the porch lol.

GunslingerGirl
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ahh so beautiful indeed. :lol: My grandpa's got junk in his yard but at least he contains it behind a 6 foot high fence behind the house!  I feel junky with my pot that has dead plants on the porch lol.

Lol hey he tries to hide it... Mine don't

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Lol hey he tries to hide it... Mine don't

Yeah lots of people down here don't, you drive through the country and you're like ahhh gracious that's junky.  Or in town.  You know.  Junk collection doesn't discriminate. :lol:

GunslingerGirl

Edit...pom still kicking. Poked it with a toothpick (blunted). Bought the oldest one so wasn't sure if he made it or not... 

Sexy still moving as far as I can tell. 

Edited by GunslingerGirl
Edited for happiness
  • Sad 1