Innovative Marine Aquariums

MainelyReefer

MainelyReefer

Display: 1.75 gallon handblown glass bowl slumped onto Driftwood

Lighting:  AI Prime

Lighting Scedule: 7am-9pm(see photo)

Heater: Cobalt Aquatics Minitherm 10w

Air Pumps: Phantom Ultrasonic Airpump 8gph by Cobalt Aquatics. DC Air pump with battery backup by Cobalt Aquatics(single port)

Controller: DA Reefkeeper Lite Basic, for temp control, light control, and air pump control(feedings, WC’s, etc.)

Rock: Dry pukani that I acid washed, KP Aquatics rubble that was later removed after it seeded the pukani

Sand: Natures Ocean Samoa Pink

Salt Mix: Red Sea Coral Pro mixed to 1.026

Glass Cleaner: BettaMag by Two Little Fishes

Refractometer: Milwaukee MA887

Lift Pipe: Clear rigid tube from a gravel cleaner

Lid:  Repurposed glass from a candle melter with aquarium silicone applied to create a seal

Current FTS: 

0195137A-373E-4FA9-BDD4-65AAACF15560.thumb.jpeg.ac6cd93751a55106d305b3be08f1acd1.jpeg

AI Prime Settings:

B66C8E10-BE8E-4E66-A02E-5B87DA84C05A.thumb.png.a515c6a98155f0e4f589b92e30c23a91.png

• Like 10
MainelyReefer

The tank is wet! I need to get a lid really bad as the bubbles make a ton of splash. For the time I'm using a huge glass bowl and short of blocking light it's working ok at it's intended purpose, I rigged up the electrical to behind my fridge and hung the power bar on the underside of the cabinetry and the display to the controller on the cabinets exterior.  I also put a beeswax finish on the wood to protect it from drips. Light, heater, air pump lets grow corals!

IMG_1799.JPG

image.jpg

• Like 7
MainelyReefer

New lid, better than the 1.5l Pyrex bowl lid! It's some sort of candle or oil burner and it's shape causes it to dip into the water so it's like a view port, but I think at the same time it may aid in directing the flow to the sides rather than wasting energy going up only.  The Xenia that hitched a ride in on some rocks I had cycling is fully pulsing now which is always a great sign. 

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

• Like 8
MainelyReefer

Two little fishes Bettamag was waiting for me when I got home! It is perfect for a tank this size and almost preferable to the original nanomag.  I also cut some soft blue tubing to wrap around the bowls mouth to aid in condensation trapping and stop glass to glass contact with the lid, and also create a small section for tubes and cords to enter without getting pinched by the lid. No more bubbles on the glass!

IMG_1858.JPG

• Like 6

Have you installed the lift pipe? Interested to see if it works like you intended? I think they are supposed to increase flow as well. When I joined this contest, I was trying to google this lift pipe thing, but couldn't remember what it was called.

MainelyReefer

Lift pipe is installed and working as intended!  I ended up drilling a few rocks to create a shaft then glueing rubble around it to conceal it from my main viewing angle. The GSP is actually directly above the outlet because I figured it would care least of all corals. Thanks for all the replys!

image.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GraniteReefer said:

Lift pipe is installed and working as intended!  I ended up drilling a few rocks to create a shaft then glueing rubble around it to conceal it from my main viewing angle. The GSP is actually directly above the outlet because I figured it would care least of all corals. Thanks for all the replys!

image.jpg

The lift pipe looks great.

MainelyReefer

IMG_1865.thumb.JPG.4f9e1bf961257259d8e51d52a369b833.JPGCoral a day keeps the addiction at bay, I know to reef slow but am doing water changes daily to soft cycle anyways, here is a blue trumpet from my IM40 glued up to conceal an exposed section of the lift pipe once it grows in. Also may have added a first occupant can you spot it?!?

• Like 2
MainelyReefer
5 minutes ago, GunslingerGirl said:

Sexy?

Yep! She was Happily cruising the tank after a few moments of chilling near the GSP, I figured she may like the trumpets to sit on and wave around until something better comes alongIMG_1848.thumb.JPG.14ae039fa0f82a4be15ed3dd762f41d7.JPG

• Like 5
MainelyReefer

IMG_1880.thumb.JPG.114a632d400e8c082ac4da9a235a652d.JPGNano hammer added! This is a frag I made when I took apart my hammer colony a few months ago, it was one of those little nubs on the stalk you always wonder about trying to grow.  I did and it worked but it's so small I have included a picture of it next to a few regular 2-3 head frags.  Sorry for the dirty tankIMG_1873.thumb.JPG.a8a9a695978a8c331d38c052e034ab0e.JPG  The tweezer kind of pinched it while glueing so it may take a day to open fully. Also sexy Shrimp accepted my offering of a single pellet of food and brought it back to the trumpets! IMG_1881.thumb.JPG.c65256b80cc624631e6f225203251a73.JPG

• Like 10