SaltCritters.com

Toadstool shedding 2 times in a week? Is this ok?

Matt L

Just curious about this. I know it is normal for them to shed but I feel like this shouldn't happen this frequently. The toadstool always looks happy and healthy and after the first shed it did look way better than before. I was told this could be a sign of growth? Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks guys

2 times a week is not a common thing. 

Leathers wax over and shed for growth but they also do it to remove detritus build up or when they are unhappy.

If the leather is not receiving enough flow, it will wax over and shed, if it's getting too much light it will do the same thing.

Thanks for the reply. It's hard for me to pinpoint what it is. I have gsp creeping close to it. I've played with the flow and seemed to get a good spot (again close to gsp). I did get a new light a while back but since it seemed to do better than ever until now. Im starting to think maybe it is the star polyps stinging it?  Now its not even the shedding I'm worried about it's the not openiing at all. The toadstool is in the bottom left of the tank. 

20171014_224831.jpg