Cultivated Reef

Sharbuckles Creative Container Pico Contest Tank

Sharbuckle

8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I like the aquascape. Very nice.

The betta heaters stay on constantly. My temp easily got to 85 and that's within an hr. Crazy.

I put it on a light timer. 30 mins on, 1 hr. off.

The constant on heaters aren't meant to be turned on and off so really a controller or light timer may effectively kill the heater eventually. 

Ended up going with a hydor Theo. 

7 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Ended up going with a hydor Theo. 

Be careful with the Theo.  The one I had kept my old 5.5 at 85 plus even when set in the 70's.

• Thanks 1
On 10/14/2017 at 7:08 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Scape doesn’t really matter in these containers. It just gets blown out anyway! Haha

I know, right????  :lol:   Seriously, takes on a whole new look with water.

So are you getting an approved light?

19 hours ago, gena said:

I know, right????  :lol:   Seriously, takes on a whole new look with water.

So are you getting an approved light?

I’ll be getting an improved light sooner than later. In the mean time I need a controller for this heater. Damn near boiled the live rock. 

16 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I’ll be getting an improved light sooner than later. In the mean time I need a controller for this heater. Damn near boiled the live rock. 

oops!  kimberbee had that happen too.

27 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

The Theo?  Yeah I'm not impressed lol.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:51 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Damn thing doesn’t work for shit haha

Hopefully you can get your money back!  I think they're dangerous, personally, and don't understand why they weren't recalled when their major competitors, the Visitherm Stealth heaters, got recalled since I've read stories of Theos exploding just like the Stealth heaters started doing lol.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hopefully you can get your money back!  I think they're dangerous, personally, and don't understand why they weren't recalled when their major competitors, the Visitherm Stealth heaters, got recalled since I've read stories of Theos exploding just like the Stealth heaters started doing lol.

A friend gave it to me for free. So... looks like I’m gonna go with the 7w betta bowl heater on a timer. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Hey @Sharbuckle how is your pico reef vase going, all settled in now?

Been battling nudis and algae in my main tank so pico has taken a backseat. Will update this week 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...