Jump to content
Farmboyreef

The Joker: Creative Container Pico Build

Recommended Posts

Farmboyreef

Okay, I’m IN 

 

more to come, but let’s start with this 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

Here we go, guys! On the hunt...

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

I found the right section. Let’s see what we can come up with. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

And...... you can’t take a farmer to the breakable section. Oops.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Coral_chef

Following 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel

Ok farmboy, maybe you should look at the industrial strength glass!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ok farmboy, maybe you should look at the industrial strength glass!

I think you might be right! 

44 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Following 

Thanks!! Appreciate that! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Sharbuckle

Following along Ry! Best of luck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
11 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Following along Ry! Best of luck. 

You too, man!! 

Ok getting a little closer. What do you guys think? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

Ok, I’m done with the teasers! Here’s the full video and condiment photo below :) 

 

 

BBB7FC2F-A7F4-4146-B9DA-2AF77DD940E2.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Nice choice! A couple people mention using a gum ball machine but decided against it. You will have a couple challenges but this should be very interesting. Following along.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Nice choice! A couple people mention using a gum ball machine but decided against it. You will have a couple challenges but this should be very interesting. Following along.

Thanks!!!! I just noticed @seabass mentioned it. I’m up for the challenge! And thanks for following. 

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

A couple of photos of my new pico tank!  Stay away from my pico!

 

33DA7EE9-31D8-420E-BE18-0E1A481D1973.jpeg

6B333102-4C4D-4961-9AA6-867DAD18B16F.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
On 10/7/2017 at 3:17 PM, seabass said:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Gumball-Machine-Fish-Tank/

 

I assume your machine is cast iron.  Do you have any plans to try to coat the metal parts?

Still thinking about how I’m going to do this. I don’t think I’m going to coat everything but still thinking about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
On 10/7/2017 at 3:17 PM, seabass said:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Gumball-Machine-Fish-Tank/

 

I assume your machine is cast iron.  Do you have any plans to try to coat the metal parts?

Well, I figured it out but you’re going to have to wait for the video ???

 

I did find some supplies today though ..

 

 

AF1711D5-C78C-43FC-9EE6-CAEC1058D011.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat

:wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
duderubble

I'd think cast aluminum is more likely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef

Alright guys, part II is out! @seabass some info about what I’m planning! 

 

 

 

I shipped something out to @reefweeds who will be helping me with a custom paint job for my build. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
On 10/11/2017 at 10:48 PM, metrokat said:

:wub:

I figure with this tank, my Yoda nano build and the Phoenix 700, I’ve got all my bases covered. Are you going to follow along for the ride? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Love the video!

 

Just two things that concern me, but might not be a big deal.  Silicone doesn't like to stick to acrylic.  Is there any way that you can take the acrylic piece that you cut out (as a template), and take that to a glass shop and get a piece of glass cut for it instead (or even cut it yourself)?

 

That other thing is that you might want to invest a couple more dollars in a better check valve (just not sure about the quality of a Top Fin valve).  For your build, (if you lose power) the airline will be more than a potential back siphon, it will be a drain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

Love the video!

 

Just two things that concern me, but might not be a big deal.  Silicone doesn't like to stick to acrylic.  Is there any way that you can take the acrylic piece that you cut out (as a template), and take that to a glass shop and get a piece of glass cut for it instead (or even cut it yourself)?

 

That other thing is that you might want to invest a couple more dollars in a better check valve (just not sure about the quality of a Top Fin valve).  For your build, (if you lose power) the airline will be more than a potential back siphon, it will be a drain.

Good points to think about. I appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Or maybe even better yet, use that bottom ring or globe as a template for a glass bottom.  Also, if the cloudiness of the globe doesn't clean up, you can always buy a replacement globe online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Farmboyreef
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Or maybe even better yet, use that bottom ring or globe as a template for a glass bottom.  Also, if the cloudiness of the globe doesn't clean up, you can alway buy a replacement globe online.

Another good thought! I think I can get it cleaned out but I will keep this in mind. Vinegar usually helps but you never know. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
metrokat
9 hours ago, Farmboyreef said:

I figure with this tank, my Yoda nano build and the Phoenix 700, I’ve got all my bases covered. Are you going to follow along for the ride? 

I'm here!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...