inTank Media Baskets

The Joker: Creative Container Pico Build

Farmboyreef

11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ok farmboy, maybe you should look at the industrial strength glass!

I think you might be right! 

44 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Following 

Thanks!! Appreciate that! 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Following along Ry! Best of luck. 

You too, man!! 

Ok getting a little closer. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Nice choice! A couple people mention using a gum ball machine but decided against it. You will have a couple challenges but this should be very interesting. Following along.

Thanks!!!! I just noticed @seabass mentioned it. I’m up for the challenge! And thanks for following. 

Alright guys, part II is out! @seabass some info about what I’m planning! 

I shipped something out to @reefweeds who will be helping me with a custom paint job for my build. 

• Like 4
On 10/11/2017 at 10:48 PM, metrokat said:

:wub:

I figure with this tank, my Yoda nano build and the Phoenix 700, I’ve got all my bases covered. Are you going to follow along for the ride? 

• Like 1

Love the video!

Just two things that concern me, but might not be a big deal.  Silicone doesn't like to stick to acrylic.  Is there any way that you can take the acrylic piece that you cut out (as a template), and take that to a glass shop and get a piece of glass cut for it instead (or even cut it yourself)?

That other thing is that you might want to invest a couple more dollars in a better check valve (just not sure about the quality of a Top Fin valve).  For your build, (if you lose power) the airline will be more than a potential back siphon, it will be a drain.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, seabass said:

Love the video!

Just two things that concern me, but might not be a big deal.  Silicone doesn't like to stick to acrylic.  Is there any way that you can take the acrylic piece that you cut out (as a template), and take that to a glass shop and get a piece of glass cut for it instead (or even cut it yourself)?

That other thing is that you might want to invest a couple more dollars in a better check valve (just not sure about the quality of a Top Fin valve).  For your build, (if you lose power) the airline will be more than a potential back siphon, it will be a drain.

Good points to think about. I appreciate it

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Or maybe even better yet, use that bottom ring or globe as a template for a glass bottom.  Also, if the cloudiness of the globe doesn't clean up, you can alway buy a replacement globe online.

Another good thought! I think I can get it cleaned out but I will keep this in mind. Vinegar usually helps but you never know. 

• Like 1