ReefCleaners.org

Brain Coral Pico - schgr.cube's creative container contest entry

schgr.cube

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Love it

Thanks!!

I mentioned on the last page that I finished mounting my light, so here are some shots. Ignore the messy cables, I am waiting to clean that up until I get my ReefKeeper Lite and a potential new pump.

37736288416_7d836a1a63_b.jpg

37526935330_8b971681a5_b.jpg

37736288086_3af224143d_b.jpg

I think the light hanger matches the overall theme of the stand and fixture, but it's kind of hard to see in these pictures with all the blue.

• Like 8
  • Wow 2

You have done a real nice job tying in the the over all theme with the canopy light.  Will you be painting the hanging fixture and capping off the 2 ends?

5 hours ago, vlangel said:

You have done a real nice job tying in the the over all theme with the canopy light.  Will you be painting the hanging fixture and capping off the 2 ends?

Thank you! I may try to cap off the end pieces if I can find matching caps, but I am not too worried about it. I will not be painting it, as I want to kind of have an overall raw / industrial feel.

2 hours ago, RubenZ said:

Thats interesting.  I like.

Thanks!! :lol:

41 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

This is super cool. How on Earth are you going to clean the inside of the glass?!

Hehe I can either drain the water and reach in to clean, or use a bottle brush like Gena said. I am going to see if the Two Little Fishies cleaner is flexible enough to help out a bit as well.

37 minutes ago, gena said:

Use those bendable bottle brush cleaners for the head, nose, mouth and ears :D

It's gonna be challenging!

It will be, but hopefully my cleanup crew will help take care of things!

• Like 3
On 10/20/2017 at 5:43 PM, SaltyBuddha said:

Looking good!

Great camera shots too. I kind of like the blue. Makes it look eerie like how a head bowl should look

Thanks! It's hard to shoot the color correctly, but I feel like I got it close! It's pretty cool looking in person.

12 hours ago, Mariaface said:

This pico is super elegant! Even the light fixture is awesome :happy:

Thank you! I tried to bring a whole theme together with the light and stand.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man have I been busy lately! A few surprise work trips, and more coming up = a pretty dirty pico head. I will try to snag a picture, but there is algae all over the glass (none on the rocks though!).

I am going to clean up the glass and do a full water change before my trip tomorrow. I have added a few different kinds of zoas, and they all look happy enough. Will also be switching out the powerhead for an air pump once I get my temp controller. The powerhead isn't able to sit anywhere without blocking light, or blasting the sand around. :wacko:

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...