Pod Your Reef

Tana's Pico Tower

tanacharison

Your tower is really coming together now.  I like how your coral have room to grow.  That is 1 problem I am seeing with my jar.  Where did you get your coral magnets?

Oceanbox Designs
16 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Very cool coming together! You might want to consider switching out for a Hydor Pico Mag 180, it push out about the same amount of flow at about a 1/3 size.

tanacharison
6 hours ago, vlangel said:

Your tower is really coming together now.  I like how your coral have room to grow.  That is 1 problem I am seeing with my jar.  Where did you get your coral magnets?

Thanks!  The magnets are the coralone single frag plugs from @Oceanbox Designs.  They are super strong I think I got the ones rated for 12mm and every time I drain the tank they hold like its glued to the glass.  

5 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

Very cool coming together! You might want to consider switching out for a Hydor Pico Mag 180, it push out about the same amount of flow at about a 1/3 size.

Thanks Phuong! Your new build is looking really cool too. The powerhead is crazy big and at times I feel like the flow is a little overkill.

• Like 3
tanacharison

Major feeding yesterday (Reef Roids, Poly Booster, AF Energy, AF Vitality) followed a 200% water change that included some TLC...glass scraping, rock brush scrubbing and a ton of turkey baster action. I bought a cheep set of extension tubes from Amazon that arrived today.  Maco pics to come!

• Like 1
tanacharison
16 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

200% water change?

Water change followed by a second to pull as much gunk out as possible. I was watching the pico water change video that @gena did and she mentioned it. I thought it was a really good idea.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Water change followed by a second to pull as much gunk out as possible. I was watching the pico water change video that @gena did and she mentioned it. I thought it was a really good idea.  

I also do 200% WCs if I see too much stuff in the water column after the 1st 100%.

BTW, those pics are amazing!

• Like 1

Nothing new added this past week... Just monitoring the additions from before including the utter chaos I fragged from my main display. Did another water change.  Looks like I'm fairly stable with only a single 100% water change per week. I cut back on feeding slightly only adding a drop of AF energy/Pro bio twice a week.  I'm thinking about pulling the zoa at the lower level and adding a orange lepto on the rock with the blue one. 

39637796272_911ebe5c5c_c.jpg

39668576031_e34eacbe09_c.jpg

39668576811_182204ce03_c.jpg

39637797012_65de6cd1d8_c.jpg

• Like 6

Last water change was 20 days ago... not being lazy just not seeing much reason to do it.  Not really any fast growing algae showing up. Somehow found one tiny bubble algae that I will need to pull out and carefully removed. <_< Tons of pods are making a party of the tank and we are finally starting to see good growth from the corals.  Pictures and January FTS Tuesday. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, vlangel said:

Nice Tana!

Thanks! You have a lot of cool stuff going on in yours.

9 hours ago, ReefingRelapse said:

What did you use to mount the rock to the wall? any trouble glueing it?

They are solo magnetic frag plugs I picked up from oceanbox designs. I just held the small branch rock and inside half of the frag plug together added any instant glue for frag plugs then sprayed it with insta-set so I can make sure I have some nice size connections.  I actually let it sit in a little bowl of water after until it was 100% cured (takes 2 minutes)

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Nice job! What is the little rainbow guy? I thought maybe a rainbow montipora but he's really fuzzy. 

Humm the pasmmacora or the war favia.. 

On 2/5/2018 at 12:18 AM, teenyreef said:

Must be the psammy. I've never seen a rainbow one like that!

Could just be the lighting.. the center is darker than I originally had but it’s finally starting to encrust and grow out.

• Like 2

Finally pulled out the zoa.. and picked up a orange lepto from Aqua SD to replace. I might add one of the SPS that I picked up Saturday :D. I think down the road to tank maturity I wanna add a porcelain crab or two.. especially if I start adding more coal foods.

• Like 3

Picture Update!

Tank looks really good top down.. even if it's a long way down for under 3 gallons

26518601408_1cdb66838f_z.jpg

Leathers add some very relaxing movement.. and not very difficult to keep.

39678762564_03f2e1e4c4_z.jpg

LC Galaxy Favia :wub:

26518600858_413efe3d77_z.jpg

Finally added a orange lepto like I wanted.. Thanks @AquaSD for the great order. #floatingleptoIsland

38579177130_4bbf7be473_z.jpg

Might have our first covered floating branch soon...

38579176540_ccd7dd2b67_z.jpg

• Like 9