Pod Your Reef

Tana's Pico Tower

tanacharison

tanacharison

What an amazing contest! @Felicia  I'm excited to see what everyone does.  I think the simplicity and water volume will make for some creative reef tanks.  Every time I go to a public aquarium I always left wanting to do a tall cylinder tank and this finally gives me the excuse to start one nano-reef style!  B)  I found this 18" vase at Michael's and it comes out to be 2.75G filled to rim. 

36793486114_c63e30fb68_c.jpgNano Tower by

• Like 12
  • Wow 1

any plans for aquascaping? or corals? i think it'd be super rad to just have a big piece of rock at the bottom and a bunch of gorgonians. Whatever you do it'll definitely be a challenge!

• Like 1
tanacharison
3 minutes ago, dvs1986 said:

any plans for aquascaping? or corals? i think it'd be super rad to just have a big piece of rock at the bottom and a bunch of gorgonians. Whatever you do it'll definitely be a challenge!

No clue on aquascaping yet but it will be a challenge.  I really want to try some tube corals and nice gorgonian would be amazing!  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tanacharison said:

What an amazing contest! @Felicia  I'm excited to see what everyone does.  I think the simplicity and water volume will make for some creative reef tanks.  Every time I go to a public aquarium I always left wanting to do a tall cylinder tank and this finally gives me the excuse to start one nano-reef style!  B)  I found this 18" vase at Michael's and it comes out to be 2.75G filled to rim. 

36793486114_c63e30fb68_c.jpgNano Tower by

Woah!  That's awesome!  Looks challenging but also looks like a lot of fun to aquascape.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Like 1
tanacharison
4 hours ago, vlangel said:

That is what I did yesterday.  Finding anything you like?

Nothings caught my eye yet. Now I’m looking at buying single magnetic frag racks from ocean box designs and attempting to attach rocks so they look like islands up the side of the tower.  Probably stopping at Elmers tonight to look at their rock selection.

• Like 2
Oceanbox Designs
5 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Pico tower

I’m not liking my current heater or power head situation.  However I like the floating rocks thanks to the frag plugs from@Oceanbox Designs 

I love the floating scape!! Very creative way of using the CoralOne frag racks! Im assuming the coral will be covering the black part of the rack in no time leaving them invisible from sight.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

Woah...that's perfect :wub:

59 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am loving the floating rock scape!

8 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I really like the floating rock look!

Thanks!  I'm excited to finally get this thing cycling.

3 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

I love the floating scape!! Very creative way of using the CoralOne frag racks! Im assuming the coral will be covering the black part of the rack in no time leaving them invisible from sight.

Yep that's the plan.  I also can flip them over to hide the rack depending on what corals I go with.

• Like 3