Pod Your Reef

Hey NR!

feels good to finally post! I'm gonna skip some of the introductions and the "this is me and where I came from" background because I'm pretty boring, until I'm reefing. Then, like many of you, I am in the zone and I am (suddenly, and despite inevitable heart-aches) good at something that should be impossible to be good at :):) 

YOU, US, REEFERS in general... we are pretty awesome. We are REALLY awesome. 

We are imaginative, resourceful, diligent, cunning, gifted as minimalists, hilarious over-thinkers and far too many of our reefing companions possess an actual instinct for suddenly absorbing enough chemistry, math, financial cleverness and electrical/mechanical daring to imitate Tony Stark and produce some truly outstanding works of functional,inspirational, art. Every single tank of the month that's posted makes me jealous, inspires me, pushes me towards more, and it feels good. Reefing on a budget is not an easy thing, but I'll be posting some tips and hints and success best practices on that later.

I do have a primitive motive for this puff piece - but even if I have some great photos or unique ideas, I wanted to publicly say that this community is one of the ONLY reasons I had the strength to come up with any of it. (Single tear sheds down bearded cheek)

SO enough of that. Some pics of The First Tank!

A couple of years ago, the beginning was an abused 20 gallon long. That poor tank. I learned enough to know that I needed much more practice, patience, and research, but that stupid thing was so much fun to set up, I had to keep 'upgrading' it. We all know when the bug hits, and that was it. Pour some salt in a box of glass, and BOOM. Spark. 

I'll be posting my tanks, upgrades, hacks, tributes, thanks, and all that nonsense regularly, and I will make them pic heavy and lighthearted.

Cheers to you, reefers.

IMG_20140830_154546_305.jpg

IMG_20140830_155445_352.jpg

IMG_20140830_163313_656.jpg

IMG_20140904_174713_384.jpg