Scalion

Chromis not swimming well (video)

Scalion

Hello,

I wake up this morning with one of my chromis not swimming well :

The tank is new of almost 1 month. Any idea what i could be and what i could do to save him ?

Water parameter :
Salinity : 1.025

Temperature : 25 Celcius

Ammoniac : 0.25 (i put frozen food 20min before so maybe a false reading)

Nitrate : Near 0

Phosphat : Near 0

Scalion

So i bought by emergency Prime from Seachem for the emergency, i also bought MicroBacter7 from Brightwell Aquatics for bacteria cycle. I feel that my tank is not completly cycle. The fish seem to respond positively after 30min, but still in bad shape. I will keep monitoring him see how it evolve. 

Clown79

0.25 ammonia would cause issues.

How many fish do you have in the tank after a month?

Scalion

2 chromis 2 ocellaris, added after almost a month

After couple hour the chromis stayed the same, doesn't seem to deteriorate.

The ammonia seem to be better but will see how it goes tomorrow morning. I think this night will be the do or die.

Thrassian Atoll

How big is the tank?  4 fish in a month after start up is a lot.

• Like 1

Scalion

120L (30g+)

The chromis didn't make the night :( i feel very piss off by my self.

Now that i remember, one of the chromis jump out the tank while i was doing a little arrangement in the tank and he fell on the floor, i put him back immediately but i wonder if it was actually that fish. The other one seem ok.

Edit: Actually the other one is not ok this morning, my tank is definitively not ok, i don't know if water change every day is good or not in my situation.

Scalion

The other die also :angry:, after i woke up and turn the light to the minimum he die inside of 2 hour. The color of he's skin change a bit also, i saw a bit darker scale a some place.

The 2 other ocellaris seem to be fine. 

I did a water change, 60% hoping it's going to be set parameters of the water a bit better for 1-2 day.

Clown79

4 fish in a month is too much bioload on a new system.

Did you cycle the tank and how before adding the fish.

Scalion

Around 25 days with Live sand, dry rock, live rock, have bio filter in the back. My media i was using purigen (hmm), Carbon, Rowa phosphat remover.

I saw the spike of ammonia during those time, with nitrate, they got down twice so i thought i was fine with the cycle. The problem occur when i started to put frozen food and a bloc of filtration from another tank (with all the bacteria and live stock).

The 2 occelaris seem to be well, they eat, the quantity of food i put is only what the fish can eat.

I think i avoid a nuke in my tank with that huge water change, but i'm still on guard. I have huge bucket of salt water prepare in advance just in case.

Tamberav

Cycling is kind of an ongoing process... any time you add something with a bioload, the tank needs to re-stabalize. If you go slowly you won't see ammonia but adding 4 fish + feeding them all at once can throw things off balance.

Scalion

Yeah you are absolutely right, that what happen. Also when i first use frozen food it got all over the place, chromis realy enjoy what i give them the first day but after the water parameter got wrong. the 2 ocellaris were added 3-4 day later wish is too soon but before putting the ocellaris i saw the chromis not going so well, they swim mostly on bottom i thought they were just a bit shy/get use to the tank.